my denali build, maybe

Road bikes sold by bygbox stores.
Forum rules
Be polite and courteous! Stay on topic!

Re: my denali build, maybe

Postby Falcon900EX » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:19 am

I have a Squre Taper sealed bottom bracket + compact crankset from my SE Royals 16 project I can give you for $20+shipping. Can also throw in a hardly used set of 25mm tires for nothing. For an extra $5 I can throw in 31.8mm 44cm drop bars (anotomic style). PM me if you want pics or anything. Good luck with everything! Denali platform has a lot of
Potential and the wheels in my brain keep cranking every time I pass it at the store...
Falcon900EX

Postby lurker » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:06 am

tempting, falcon, very tempting. lemme ponder it a bit. yes, i'd be interested in pics, especially the drop bars. what does the "compact" in compact crankset mean?
lurker

Postby Falcon900EX » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:11 am

Just posted handlebars and crankset here:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4534

Compact cranksets have a 50-tooth outer and 34-tooth inner chainrings. Most common setup for new road bikes

I can sell you a Sora 3500 drivetrain (rear derailleur/front derailleur/Shifters/crankset/11-32 cassette/handlebars) for $100 if uou’re Ever looking for a full 9 speed upgrade. You’d need a new 10/11 speed wheel set for that (can find those new for like $100)
Falcon900EX

Postby lurker » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:40 pm

lurker wrote:oops. bike co-op closed for january. didn't know because i have another commitment on the 1st saturday. so i e-mailed them, offering to help, and they replied, moving begin monday at 9a.m. unfortunately, we have a prior 8:45 engagement. when we get done with that we'll drive by and see if we can help.

arrived about 10:30, they were still at it. helped until about 12:30 when they quit for lunch. not much left in the old building, will likely help out again to clear out the residue. probably helped move 150 bikes, some potentially very nice bikes with a little tlc, trek, specialized, cannondale, nishiki, garelli, shogun, and others. "my" peugeot is still there, didn't get time to inspect it. Pedal Factory is a 501c3 charitable non-profit. they're very disorganized, nothing resembling an inventory or scheduling system. i'm no order freak, i thrive on a modicum of chaos, but a little organization would go a long way.
Last edited by lurker on Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lurker

Postby lurker » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:00 pm

Falcon900EX wrote:I have a Squre Taper sealed bottom bracket + compact crankset from my SE Royals 16 project I can give you for $20+shipping. Can also throw in a hardly used set of 25mm tires for nothing. For an extra $5 I can throw in 31.8mm 44cm drop bars (anotomic style). PM me if you want pics or anything. Good luck with everything! Denali platform has a lot of
Potential and the wheels in my brain keep cranking every time I pass it at the store...

ok, let's do this. i've done a little research and these parts (handlebar, bb and crankset) work for me. pm me your info (including your address and total $ with shipping). will a personal check do, or do you want a postal money order?
i'm not currently interested in the other drivetrain parts you mention in the other post, hopefully someone else will want them. 8-)
lurker

Postby lurker » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:01 pm

today i'm sitting around minding my own business, doorbell rings, postman drops and runs. there's a box full of bike parts on my porch. :? i'm like, wtf? seeing how much you paid in shipping, :o i feel like i cheated you. :twisted: thank you very much. you even threw in the tires i forgot to ask about. :oops: i love you, man. ;)
lurker

Postby lurker » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:39 am

it would appear that our friend mr. falcon has a dog, a dog with very fine 6" long crinkly fur. which occasionally sheds on greasy bike parts. :geek:
lurker

Postby Mitkraft » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:57 am

You hope.
Mitkraft

Postby lurker » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:12 am

i wonder what yeti hair looks like? polar bear?
lurker

Postby lurker » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:42 pm

today i bought a digital scale from harbor freight, max capacity 5 kilos(11 lbs), $19.99. 2 or 3 kilos would have been plenty enough, but the next one down($9.99) maxed out at 1 kilo. will start weighing parts tomorrow.
lurker

PreviousNext

Return to Big Box Road Bikes