The wifey's pink bike

These are bikes that work well on the road for recreational riding or trips to the store and also work for paved or well groomed bike trails, rails-to-trails and around the block.
Forum rules
Be polite and courteous! Stay on topic!

The wifey's pink bike

Postby Dan_J » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:48 pm

I figured I should share the other bike in my stable. This is my wife's Kent Susan G. Komen bike. I picked this up for her for around $115 from walmart back in March after I got my dreaded Havoc. This bike has proven itself to be an amazing bike for it's price. The only issue it had was a bad inner tube. That's it, a less than $120 bike having no problems except for a tube, which took over 100 miles to fail. That being said, it had room to be more than just functional. My wife asked me if there was anything that could be done to make it shift smoother. I took that as free range to do as I wished. I replaced the no name twist shifter with a Shimano Acera tigger shifter, the freewheel with a Shimano Tourney Mega 7 speed, and the lowest end Shimano derailleur with a Tourney derailleur. She's away at her parents' for the week so it'll be a surprise for her when she gets home. I've given it a test ride to get it working right and this is a nice riding, smooth bike.

Pics:

Dan_J

Re: The wifey's pink bike

Postby JohnnyMullet » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:40 pm

That's a sharp looking bike the wifey has! Thanks for sharing.
Ashtabula Crank Bicycle Club
JohnnyMullet

Postby Renaldow » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:17 pm

Very cool!
Renaldow

Postby Falkon45 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:07 am

like how you snuck the pink chain in there, too. lol. I've used that same derailleur on the Next Shocker I gave to my brother. I have trouble getting (all my) shimano derailleurs to work correctly. Hopefully, you have better luck.
Falkon45

Postby scaldwellk » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:34 am

Now that is a very nice set-up there.
scaldwellk

Postby to the beach » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:17 am

Nice bike, I'm guessing the seat and hand grips were replaced too? Brake pad upgraded?
to the beach

Postby Dan_J » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:37 am

The seat and brake pads are original, the grips are new. The original right grip wad a shorty to accommodate the twist shifter. The stock pads are soft but do an ok job of stopping. The seat isn't that bad for original either.
Dan_J

Return to Comfort and/or Combination Bikes