My new Schwinn Network

These are bikes that work well on the road for recreational riding or trips to the store and also work for paved or well groomed bike trails, rails-to-trails and around the block.
Forum rules
Be polite and courteous! Stay on topic!

Re: My new Schwinn Network

Postby Dan_J » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:47 pm

Those almost look like the ones in the link.
Dan_J

Postby tic » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:42 pm

I believe they are exactly the same as the ones in your link and advertised on Amazon.. I read all the reviews and some people got different ones like you did as well however they said they worked great. Not one negative review. I used to avoid using the brakes because of the noise, now I look forward to it because they are so smooth and quiet. Can't beat the price. I was going to buy the expensive red colored pads (kool stop) but glad I didn't
tic

Postby Dan_J » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:38 pm

170 mile update. With school kicking off I've been putting the miles on my Network. Some of the stock parts are showing signs of wear. The biggest annoyance have been the pedals and the front brake again. Even after the new pads the front brake would chatter and squeal. So, I went all out and replaced the v brake with a Shimano BR-M422 and so far so good, no squealing. The pedals are starting to creak and moan, eventually I'll change those out as well. Other than that the bike remains to be reliable and a pleasure to ride.
Dan_J

Postby tic » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:12 pm

They are cheap pedals for sure but mine are still smooth and quiet.. I'm guessing I have about 750mi. on mine now, tires are showing some wear and I'm wondering what I should replace them with when the time comes. My brakes are quiet for the most part. Cleaning the rims with brake cleaner seems to work well and the new pads are a huge improvement over the stock pads
tic

Previous

Return to Comfort and/or Combination Bikes