My 4th of July Ride

Roads, rails-to-trails, mtb trails, single track, double track, pump tracks, BMX tracks
Forum rules
Be polite and courteous. Stay on topic!

My 4th of July Ride

Postby Renaldow » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:56 pm

I wanted to share my ride today with you guys. I did 29.65 miles, mostly along the Springwater Corridor here. I did this on my $85 Thruster FIxie. I took the bus out to the Gresham Transit Center, and rode to the Springwater Corridor, then went east for a few miles to one end in Boring, OR. Turned around and rode the full trail into Portland, OR and ended it a couple of miles later at a bar called Apex which caters to the bike crowd.

I've got a Garmin GPS watch, here's the ride:
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/534642576

Average time would've been a bit higher, but I made a few stops along the way, then got tied up a bit in Portland. I wasn't going for speed, I was going for a good ride, and it was. My bottom bracket started to go around mile 20. I almost headed home but figured as long as I could pedal, I wouldn't mind the noise. I just ordered a new sealed BB from Amazon a few minutes ago. NECO if anyone's curious.

Third pint of water, first pint of Guinness
Renaldow

Re: My 4th of July Ride

Postby Destr0 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:34 pm

Sounds like a cool ride. I just put the Garmin Fit app on my iPhone - hopefully it dries up enough the trails are open here for the Wed night trail ride with the bike club.

Cheers!

PS - nothing like a good beer after a ride!!!
Destr0

Return to Where to ride