Any Chicago Area BBB riders out there?

Roads, rails-to-trails, mtb trails, single track, double track, pump tracks, BMX tracks
Forum rules
Be polite and courteous. Stay on topic!

Any Chicago Area BBB riders out there?

Postby Destr0 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:51 pm

I am just getting back into the sport but have done 100's and 100's of miles on the Chicago river front and the kettle moraine bike trails in WI (went to college a nice 10 mile warm up ride from the Kettle trails).

Been all over biking in the past and have found three places to ride in NW Indiana - I will be checking out one trail system this weekend.

Cheers!

~Kevin
Destr0

Re: Any Chicago Area BBB riders out there?

Postby JazzOne » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:39 am

I went to college in northwest Indiana, but it is too damn cold in the midwest for this Texas boy. I scurried back south at the first opportunity.
2014 Mongoose Seek'r 27.5
JazzOne

Postby Destr0 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:38 pm

LOL - I dig the change of seasons in NW Indiana. I grew up an hour N of Chicago right on the IL/WI border, then went to School in central WI, moved to Chicago after school. I now live out in the country but close enough to Chicago for an occasional night out on the town (a touch over an hour).
Some winters I get sick of the snow, then I dust off the snowboard, climb in the Jeep and go ride. :-)

Cheers!
Destr0

Postby Destr0 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:46 pm

Some really nice trails in Portage IN I rode this weekend. In a county park, they have several well groomed and improved trails (boardwalks, log piles and a nice banked wall). A lot of nice trails, well marked packed into a fairly small area.

http://outbacktrail.org/ if anyone will be in the Chicago/NW Indiana area looking for some trails.

Cheers!
~Kevin
Destr0

Return to Where to ride