Types of trails

Roads, rails-to-trails, mtb trails, single track, double track, pump tracks, BMX tracks
Forum rules
Be polite and courteous. Stay on topic!

Re: Types of trails

Postby Irishmongooserider » Sun May 27, 2012 8:35 pm

To me, the more technical, the better. Love a trail that can give me a challenge. After doing downhill for a few years, its stuck in my system.
My bikes: Mongoose Valiant, Tyax Elite, Switchback SS, Blackcomb, and the old DXR

Other: Origin8 Uno SS/fixie

See my YouTube vids @ https://www.youtube.com/user/mongoosejake
Irishmongooserider

Postby ChiliPepper » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:59 pm

Me.....

I love gravity fed riding, so gravity fed trails is my game! In the long run, my riding (shredding that is... :mrgreen: ) is wherever I can Roll On and Over Gnarly Dirt, Fast DH Runs, Huck off or send out, or the Urban Concrete Jungle, I am game and having fun. :mrgreen:
ChiliPepper

Postby wa_desert_rat » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:42 pm

I like to explore with my bikes so I follow trails; often Jeep trails but sometimes single-track. I often drive around until I see a track that looks like it might go into an interesting canyon and unload the bike and ride it. Interesting how we all have different ways to enjoy our mountain bikes. :)

Craig
WDR
http://www.bigboxbikes.com
"No one has ever had to evacuate a city because the solar ;panels broke!"
wa_desert_rat

Postby tigris99 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:36 am

Didn't even know about this thread lol. Me its a mix, I'll ride around see what I find, found many different trails off paved bike paths around here, just fun see what's at the other end. But I love single track that's been built/maintained by us riders. Thrill of going fast on trails not much wider than my handlebars not knowing for sure what's coming up next other than it was built by riders for riders so whatever it is either I can have fun with it or simply go around if its more than I feel comfortable riding over/off

Sent from my Nokia Stupidphone using Tapatalk
tigris99

Postby ChiliPepper » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:07 am

wa_desert_rat wrote:I like to explore with my bikes so I follow trails; often Jeep trails but sometimes single-track. I often drive around until I see a track that looks like it might go into an interesting canyon and unload the bike and ride it. Interesting how we all have different ways to enjoy our mountain bikes. :)

Craig

Yes sir, I am always scouting terrain around me everywhere I go. People always ask how I find such great spots being dirt or concrete, and I just tell them to open your eyes and mind and observe your surroundings... :lol: :lol: :lol:
ChiliPepper

Postby ChiliPepper » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:09 am

tigris99 wrote:Didn't even know about this thread lol. Me its a mix, I'll ride around see what I find, found many different trails off paved bike paths around here, just fun see what's at the other end. But I love single track that's been built/maintained by us riders. Thrill of going fast on trails not much wider than my handlebars not knowing for sure what's coming up next other than it was built by riders for riders so whatever it is either I can have fun with it or simply go around if its more than I feel comfortable riding over/off

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ChiliPepper

Previous

Return to Where to ride