Trinity Trails, Fort Worth

Roads, rails-to-trails, mtb trails, single track, double track, pump tracks, BMX tracks
Forum rules
Be polite and courteous. Stay on topic!

Trinity Trails, Fort Worth

Postby Castle81 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:07 pm

Rather than try to describe the whole thing, this is my playground:

http://www.trinitytrails.org/

Mostly fine gravel hard-pack and paved concrete, well maintained, open landscape, and WATER STATIONS. If you're in the area, go. Frolic! More miles of trail than you'll know what to do with, and some neat stuff along the way.
Roadmaster Granite Peak - The experiment
Mongoose DXR 26" (steel) - Frankenzombike
Havoc FS 26" - Organ donor.
Castle81

Re: Trinity Trails, Fort Worth

Postby desertguns » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:19 am

Welcome, Castle. That's really something - drinking fountains & misters. Whodathunk. Phx & Tucson could take a lesson from FW. I see there are serious roads & highway the trails cross. Do they go over/under roadways at all those points?
desertguns

Re: Trinity Trails, Fort Worth

Postby Castle81 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:15 am

The trail system follows the course of the Trinity River and it's branches, so the river is rarely if ever out of sight. Everywhere there's a road crossing, it's a bridge so the trail tucks up under and flows right alongside the river. The only real exception is where the trail follows a dedicated bike lane on the roadway.

The water stations are stupid awesome. City even had the foresight to install MDFs or "man - dog fountains." Hard to believe AZ wouldn't have something similar. Pulled close to 35mi yesterday. Without em I would have needed a camelbak and a hospital to make the trip...
Roadmaster Granite Peak - The experiment
Mongoose DXR 26" (steel) - Frankenzombike
Havoc FS 26" - Organ donor.
Castle81

Return to Where to ride