Road Bike

For those who want (or need) to go to the source. Most frames and a lot of the components on bicycles sold all around the world are made in China. If you understand what you're doing, you can get an awesome deal. This is for you.

Re: Road Bike

Postby orvil » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:28 am

Purple Haze wrote:Be careful because Tommmaso is selling dated frames with a groupset package and lifetime warranty but those frames are only 120 bucks. Vilanos frame is lighter and both are 6061. Not to down Tommasso, but its only a advertising campaign. Its your choice but remember microshift top of the heap derailleurs are only 80 bucks and its a step above Claris. Entire Pinnarelo F10 dogma framesets with T1000 carbon are below 600 bucks and they are flying off the shelves. So their carbon packages are seriously lacking.

LOL!
orvil

Postby orvil » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:29 am

Purple Haze wrote:600, will do but I am on mobile hotspot until Swisscom fixes the lines. Its the complete frameset without wheels but its real. I think I posted a picture of the F8 in head to head but I cant see with limited data plan. They do have frameset packages with wheels but I think its Treks package unpainted or some other team. I keep telling people this stuff is coming directly from the factories that make these bikes. In essence you can put a entire 2017Dogma package together with Aluminum wheels for under 1,000 bucks easy. Normally its 11,000 dollar bike. They do have Novatec 791 wheel packages in carbon for under 500 bucks and under 200 bucks in Aluminum. Some guy here says its actually 2018 packages because they already have the design beforehand but they dont tell you that.

Hilarious!
orvil

Postby blkangel » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:49 am

Purple Haze wrote:600, will do but I am on mobile hotspot until Swisscom fixes the lines. Its the complete frameset without wheels but its real. I think I posted a picture of the F8 in head to head but I cant see with limited data plan. They do have frameset packages with wheels but I think its Treks package unpainted or some other team. I keep telling people this stuff is coming directly from the factories that make these bikes. In essence you can put a entire 2017Dogma package together with Aluminum wheels for under 1,000 bucks easy. Normally its 11,000 dollar bike. They do have Novatec 791 wheel packages in carbon for under 500 bucks and under 200 bucks in Aluminum. Some guy here says its actually 2018 packages because they already have the design beforehand but they dont tell you that.

Haven't posted here in a while but have been following these threads.

PH, I am anxiously awaiting the link to the $600 Dogma framesets because I have $600 waiting to be spent to replace my Nashbar Carbon frameset. $600 for a Dogma F10 is an amazing steal as they sell for $5500 to $6000 here in the US. So please post a link to buy it (not a pic please) so I can buy this frame before they are all gone. Understanding that they are probably selling quickly at 10% of what they cost us here in the US.

Curious what parts you are specing for the Dogma for Under $400 for wheels, drivetrain and cockpit. Would love to see the parts list, as others would to so that they would know what parts target.

Also PH, as soon as you get off your hotspot would love that info. Thanks
2014 Motobecane Boris
Nashbar Carbon Road Bike
1994 GT Tequesta (Converted to Single Speed)
Mongoose DJ682
blkangel

Postby Purple Haze » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:59 pm

Welcome to the world of real bike prices. These are T1000 pinarello framesets I am talking about and if there are any other request then ask. If you know anything about bikes at all the just go to Aliexpress and enter road bike frame but I will post ASAP. Read my other post from here and Head to Head and get a good idea of exactly the package you want because novatec might offer ceramic bearing wheelsets like DT SWISS but im not sure. If you doubt any of this is real then you might not be into biking that much and never visited Aliexpress. Im not paying 11,000 bucks for nothing without a motor ever again. Internet will be up this weekend they say. The wheels are T800 clinchers and the groupset is your choice but the have sets of packages.
Purple Haze

Postby Purple Haze » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:11 pm

Pull up T1000 frame and even though its not shown go immediately to the review section and see the frame type. 2018 Specialized team frame is there also if your interested. Treks team bikes are a different story because those molds I haven't seen yet for 2018 bikes. Dont forget the size and package because that's exactly what you get, so if you check the wrong box apparently they will work with you but its a hassle. Any frameset below 400 bucks is T800 no matter what it says.
Purple Haze

Postby Budreaux » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:54 pm

Budreaux

Postby Budreaux » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:50 pm

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NK1K-carbon-road-frame-2017-fluo-yellow-T1000-3K-cardre-carbone-cipollini-carbon-frame-BB30-BB68/32801306427.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.s1kzY6

NK1K-carbon-road-frame-2017-fluo-yellow-T1000-3K-cardre-carbone-cipollini-carbon-frame-BB30-BB68.jpg_640x640.jpg
NK1K-carbon-road-frame-2017-fluo-yellow-T1000-3K-cardre-carbone-cipollini-carbon-frame-BB30-BB68.jpg_640x640.jpg (85.54 KiB) Viewed 26 times

Same frameset is $5600 on Amazon.
Budreaux

Postby orvil » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:50 pm

I'm not knocking these Chinese carbon frames, but if you guys think they are genuine Pinarello or Cipollini frames then you're crazy. They may be made in the same factory but they're open mold frames, available for sale to anyone that wants to distribute them. But they are definitely NOT genuine Pinarello or Cipollini, they are FAKES. This is my main problem with China. Piracy. Specialized, Trek, Pinarello and all other major bike manufacturers have legal teams to fight this very thing and order these sellers to cease and desist. And almost all of these fake sellers are on Aliexpress/Alibaba, Amazon and, yes, eBay. Buy one of these if you want, add to the fakers coffers if you want, but you will NOT be getting a genuine Pinarello or Cipollini. And don't just take my word for it, investigate it for yourselves. Google any "fake" brand and read what appears. Then make up your own minds. Google "Fake Pinarello" or "Fake S-Works" or "Fake Cipollini" and check for yourselves.
orvil

Postby blkangel » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:05 pm

orvil wrote:I'm not knocking these Chinese carbon frames, but if you guys think they are genuine Pinarello or Cipollini frames then you're crazy. They may be made in the same factory but they're open mold frames, available for sale to anyone that wants to distribute them. But they are definitely NOT genuine Pinarello or Cipollini, they are FAKES. This is my main problem with China. Piracy. Specialized, Trek, Pinarello and all other major bike manufacturers have legal teams to fight this very thing and order these sellers to cease and desist. And almost all of these fake sellers are on Aliexpress/Alibaba, Amazon and, yes, eBay. Buy one of these if you want, add to the fakers coffers if you want, but you will NOT be getting a genuine Pinarello or Cipollini. And don't just take my word for it, investigate it for yourselves. Google any "fake" brand and read what appears. Then make up your own minds. Google "Fake Pinarello" or "Fake S-Works" or "Fake Cipollini" and check for yourselves.

Wait you mean that a bike with one small pic of "F10" on it may be a fake? Shocking. Funny too they list the weight at 1195 grams for a size 50 frame. A real Dogma F10 size 53 frame is listed as 820 grams. Something seems wrong but I am sure that is some explanation right?

Real Dogma Weight http://www.cyclist.co.uk/reviews/2075/p ... ide-review

AliExpress bike with F10 painted on it https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Newest- ... 2c8a&tpp=1

Discuss.
2014 Motobecane Boris
Nashbar Carbon Road Bike
1994 GT Tequesta (Converted to Single Speed)
Mongoose DJ682
blkangel

Postby Purple Haze » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:22 pm

This is beyond hilarious at this point Orvil, read the Aliexpress reviews before posting. Your in a losing battle here guys, but for the sake of argument so what if is heavier. Orvil, you lost this Chinese bike argument so decidedly because sales numbers on Amazon are off the charts and its only increasing as predicted in every category and everyone is happy. Amazon even has fake spammers trying to stop the sales, its ridiculous. These guys are the masters of carbon boys, true craftsmen that can make virtually anything. Did you ever ask yourself how did they get 2018 molds at the same time the bikes hits the shelves. This time I am begging you guys to post negative reviews on these framesets. Here is another tidbit for you, copying design is not illegal in China and is a widely accepted practice. Dont get upset, just be happy you dont have to pay 11,000 dollars and you get the same thing. Stick with Nashbar or any other company you like, but you could have had a Dogma, :lol: Stop arguing here people and read the chat room rules before you start boiling over please. This is here for a reason and if your interested in these bikes fine, but if your here to start a fight because you personally dont like whats available then go back to chatroom and read why this is here.
Purple Haze

PreviousNext

Return to Chinese Bikes Direct