Road Bike

For those who want (or need) to go to the source. Most frames and a lot of the components on bicycles sold all around the world are made in China. If you understand what you're doing, you can get an awesome deal. This is for you.

Re: Road Bike

Postby Purple Haze » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:02 pm

My first thoughts are OMG, Amazon has gone full fake Chinese hatred review. The shear hatred on the cyrusher bike is off the charts and there is not one valid review. Its all being generated by people that have no idea what they are talking about. My recommendation is the SAVA bike of course. You will be getting 6,000 dollars worth of LBS bike for 1,000 dollars and it most certainly is real. The idea of Jeff Bezos becoming the worlds richest man by reselling the entire Walmart, Aliexpress catalog is beyond disturbing and I called it a year ago on the carbon frames. Before you make any purchase go directly to the Sava store on Aliexpress and compare prices. If you want the absolute top of the line carbon package for the price you should wait for the sales on those Sava bikes because you most certainly can get a Trek Madone caliber frameset for a couple hundred more. This is actually starting to get scary with the hatred generated first on Vilano and now it has spread to any bike that's not LBS. There is something going on that's more than hysteria with bikes because all this stuff is selling world wide and people love it, but now people are trying to purposely sabotage reviews on just about every Chinese bike item and that's just off the charts.
Purple Haze

Postby lurker » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:48 am

Budreaux wrote:So, I've been considering the idea of buying a road bike. Here's what I'm considering. Thoughts/Opinions?

:lol: how much money do you want to spend? 200? 500? 1000? :twisted:
don't know if it's the same bike but some variety of cyrusher is at wally world for $299
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Cyrusher-201 ... /125702775
lurker

Postby orvil » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:36 pm

Of the 3 bikes you offered up for debate, I’ll have to agree with PH on the SAVA, but it’s pretty pricey. I guess it depends on what you want to spend. The Cyrusher seems pretty heavy if I’m reading the specs correctly and I would want to spend a day removing all the logos from the bike because instead of riding I’d be wasting most of my time explaining to people wtf it was. I didn’t really spend a lot of time checking out the Vilano but I think it would be good bang for your buck. But one more choice, even though it’s not a Chinese direct bike but I happened to see it as being also looked at by online searchers, is the Tommaso Imola. It’s made in China but shipped from Tommaso in Denver. Tommaso has a very good reputation as a road and race bike brand and the bike is only $599. Very interesting.
orvil

Postby Budreaux » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:10 pm

orvil wrote:Of the 3 bikes you offered up for debate, I’ll have to agree with PH on the SAVA, but it’s pretty pricey. I guess it depends on what you want to spend. The Cyrusher seems pretty heavy if I’m reading the specs correctly and I would want to spend a day removing all the logos from the bike because instead of riding I’d be wasting most of my time explaining to people wtf it was. I didn’t really spend a lot of time checking out the Vilano but I think it would be good bang for your buck. But one more choice, even though it’s not a Chinese direct bike but I happened to see it as being also looked at by online searchers, is the Tommaso Imola. It’s made in China but shipped from Tommaso in Denver. Tommaso has a very good reputation as a road and race bike brand and the bike is only $599. Very interesting.

Thanks for the option. This one is now on my list as well. I'm not going to buy one till the spring, but I intend to get something that will allow me to make a commute to and from work, daily, a little bit easier than my Vilano Blackjack. I'm leaning towards the Sava, but I have a couple months to fully research each option and make a sound decision.
Budreaux

Postby Purple Haze » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:45 pm

If its going to be a daily commuter then Vilano has you covered because the Sava is overkill.
Purple Haze

Postby Budreaux » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:22 am

While I intend to use it as a daily commuter, I still intend to also use it as a recreational weekender for longer rides. I can't run for my exercising, due to an ankle injury, so riding is my new running. I've got my XR Pro for the heavy trail riding, my Vilano hardtail for XC, and I want a strong road bike for some long distance riding.

I've been reading on the Tommaso bikes and I'm actually leaning more towards that now. Plus, I can get this one in Matte Black with the carbon from fork. Though it's a $100 more, I really like the matte finish.. the carbon fork is just a bonus. I think this one comes in at 23ish lbs.
https://www.amazon.com/Tommaso-Forcella-Compact-Shimano-R2000/dp/B01GKD6SHO/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1518361646&sr=8-10&keywords=r2000+claris
Budreaux

Postby Purple Haze » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:41 am

Be careful because Tommmaso is selling dated frames with a groupset package and lifetime warranty but those frames are only 120 bucks. Vilanos frame is lighter and both are 6061. Not to down Tommasso, but its only a advertising campaign. Its your choice but remember microshift top of the heap derailleurs are only 80 bucks and its a step above Claris. Entire Pinnarelo F10 dogma framesets with T1000 carbon are below 600 bucks and they are flying off the shelves. So their carbon packages are seriously lacking.
Purple Haze

Postby Budreaux » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:39 am

Purple Haze wrote: Entire Pinnarelo F10 dogma framesets with T1000 carbon are below 600 bucks and they are flying off the shelves.

600 or 6000?
Link if it's 600, please.
Budreaux

Postby Purple Haze » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:19 am

600, will do but I am on mobile hotspot until Swisscom fixes the lines. Its the complete frameset without wheels but its real. I think I posted a picture of the F8 in head to head but I cant see with limited data plan. They do have frameset packages with wheels but I think its Treks package unpainted or some other team. I keep telling people this stuff is coming directly from the factories that make these bikes. In essence you can put a entire 2017Dogma package together with Aluminum wheels for under 1,000 bucks easy. Normally its 11,000 dollar bike. They do have Novatec 791 wheel packages in carbon for under 500 bucks and under 200 bucks in Aluminum. Some guy here says its actually 2018 packages because they already have the design beforehand but they dont tell you that.
Purple Haze

Next

Return to Chinese Bikes Direct