Whats available

For those who want (or need) to go to the source. Most frames and a lot of the components on bicycles sold all around the world are made in China. If you understand what you're doing, you can get an awesome deal. This is for you.

Re: Whats available

Postby jimmie65 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:09 am

Dude, I just want to see your bikes.
Current bbb bikes - Mongoose Beast, Iron Horse Yakuza 5.1, and an unknown fat BMX.
jimmie65

Postby Purple Haze » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:51 am

That's easy just go back in pictures and their plastered all over the place The fuel 100 and the blackcomb. Do you think I am new here?
Purple Haze

Postby orvil » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:15 am

I had promised myself that I wouldn't again get sucked into these crazy threads that serve no purpose but, alas, here I am. PH it's not the gazillion reviews that you post that anyone doubts, but it's the declarations you make about these products that cause so many of us to roll our eyes and chuckle. NOW READ THIS DISCLAIMER BEFORE YOU PROCLAIM THAT I'M PUSHING AN LBS AGENDA! I'M NOT PUSHING LBS BIKES OR PRODUCTS ON ANYONE NOR AM I SAYING THAT THE CHINESE PRODUCTS YOU PUSH ARE INFERIOR. Now read that one more time aloud before you proceed. There are just as many positive reviews of mainstream bikes and components as there are the reviews of the Chinese products you push. I could just as easily keep saying that based on media reviews and professional team usage the bikes and products of the mainstream West are better and you would never choose to believe that. Again, purchaser reviews aren't the same as product comparisons, and your proclamations are always based on purchaser reviews and the occasional youtube video, so they really only prove YOUR point. But the main reason I'm even wasting my time here is the wild proclamations YOU make about these products that YOU have NO EXPERIENCE with personally. Do you actually believe you can take an unknown Chinese brand fork and set it up so well that Nino Schurter, or any other professional, could not discern it from the expensive, unobtanium fork they normally race with?!! Then I also assume you can build an F1 racecar from Chinese components bought directly through Alibaba/Aliexpress that would be so good that Lewis Hamilton would be fooled into thinking it's his Championship winning Mercedes? These athletes and their equipment are so finally tuned that they can detect minute differences in set-up. There's no way you, nor anyone else, can take a $150 fork and make it perform as well as a $1500 fork. They may perform the same to you but they are NOT the same. Again, I'm not pushing any agenda here regardless of what you think, nor am I trying to start an argument, but your proclamations without tangible proof are unrealistic. By tangible I mean products YOU'VE actually used, tested, ridden and/or bought, not simply things you've read about. Again, the reviews you keep talking so enthusiastically about are only as reliable as reviews of another product that someone else says is better. Without personal, tangible evidence it's only an opinion.
orvil

Postby jimmie65 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:12 pm

Purple Haze wrote:That's easy just go back in pictures and their plastered all over the place The fuel 100 and the blackcomb. Do you think I am new here?

Cool. Which one came from China?
Current bbb bikes - Mongoose Beast, Iron Horse Yakuza 5.1, and an unknown fat BMX.
jimmie65

Postby Purple Haze » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:26 pm

Do you actually think I would make any claim based on wishful thinking orvil. What difference is the suspension action with 1,500 bucks versus 150 bucks. Please tell me and I will consider it. Do you think that 150 dollar fork is substandard because it dosent cost as much? Do you think the valving and air compression isn't controlled as well also? These dual chamber forks act very similar and both forks shown are not active. If it was active you would have a point, but the bottom chamber compresses to prevent bottoming out as well as giving a stiff or cushiony ride. There is valving to give a damping effect but that only comes into play at speed and those Chinese forks have some sort of valving also. So what really is the point here other than 3,000 dollar frames vs 600 dollar frames and so on. Do I have to pay 3,000 dollars for full suspension carbon frames? of course not. Is it okay for you to spend your hard earned money the way you want to? of course it is. Is there a alternative for quality bikes than LBS bikes? I am showing you there is and its pretty good I might add. Are bicycles anywhere near F1 tech? you have to be really fantasizing to think that because speeds are low and we probably only need 50 percent of whats built into any bike unless your doing something extreme. In all this time you have never proven your point other than because its more expensive. Please give reasons why and I will consider it, but please stop being upset because its from China and cheap.
Purple Haze

Postby orvil » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:12 pm

Purple Haze wrote:Do you actually think I would make any claim based on wishful thinking orvil. What difference is the suspension action with 1,500 bucks versus 150 bucks. Please tell me and I will consider it. Do you think that 150 dollar fork is substandard because it dosent cost as much? Do you think the valving and air compression isn't controlled as well also? These dual chamber forks act very similar and both forks shown are not active. If it was active you would have a point, but the bottom chamber compresses to prevent bottoming out as well as giving a stiff or cushiony ride. There is valving to give a damping effect but that only comes into play at speed and those Chinese forks have some sort of valving also. So what really is the point here other than 3,000 dollar frames vs 600 dollar frames and so on. Do I have to pay 3,000 dollars for full suspension carbon frames? of course not. Is it okay for you to spend your hard earned money the way you want to? of course it is. Is there a alternative for quality bikes than LBS bikes? I am showing you there is and its pretty good I might add. Are bicycles anywhere near F1 tech? you have to be really fantasizing to think that because speeds are low and we probably only need 50 percent of whats built into any bike unless your doing something extreme. In all this time you have never proven your point other than because its more expensive. Please give reasons why and I will consider it, but please stop being upset because its from China and cheap.

Yes, I do think you make those claims based on wishful thinking lol. I never said there's anything wrong with buying cheap or Chinese. Or both. I'm not the least bit upset that you love these Chinese products so much. But, again, you quoting buyer reviews of products, any product from any country, is not the same as tangibly comparing products to determine which product is better. It's ok to be a flamer, we all understand, but your enthusiasm for these products, no matter how fast they're flying off the shelves and no matter how many glowing reviews are pouring in, is not a comparison. Period. More Kias are sold than Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Maseratis and Aston Martins combined but does that make a Kia a better car? According to your logic, it does simply because its cheaper and rolls on 4 wheels, just like the other cars mentioned.

As far as the difference between $150 and $1500 forks? That's simple: weight, precision of components and adjustability. One of the reasons those $1500 forks cost $1500 is more rebound and compression damping adjustment and more precise adjustment. Just because 2 different forks both have dual air chambers doesn't make them equal.

Again, I, nor anyone else here, am not bashing the Chinese bikes or, components. I simply don't have any PESONAL experience with them so I can't say how good or bad they are. But in reality, YOU don't have much PERSONAL experience with them either. Yes, you see them around Europe, you may have ridden one or two, but you really haven't PERSONALLY compared these products to any other product yet you proclaim them superior based on what you read on the retail website. And that's what we all find so ludicrous. That's not a comparison, that's simply your opinion based on the opinions of others. And price lol, can't forget that you base most of your opinions on price. There's nothing wrong with having an opinion, everyone has one and just like buttholes, they all stink except for mine lol. Just kidding.

There's one thing I do know. If these products you proclaim are just as good or even better than mainstream bikes and components, then why don't we see them being used by Pro's? Why don't we see Uding forks on the podiums at EWS events or UCI World Cup DH events? And before you say "money paid by the big companies keep them out" I'm pretty sure the pro's want any legal competitive advantage they can get. If contracts keep them from using the most competitive components then those contracts will change at the end of the season to allow them to gain a competitive edge. That's a fact, that I do know. So if that $150 fork is just as good as those $1500 forks then I would expect to see them on more bikes. And before you proclaim that "all bikes and components come from China so they're all the same", remember that legally only Bourbon can be called Bourbon if produced in Kentucky but we all know that all Kentucky Bourbons aren't the same. I bet Tomcat can second that.

Again, it isn't the product nor the producer we call into question. Every product has a market full of happy users. Your proclamations without tangible comparisons are what we continue to call into question.
orvil

Postby Purple Haze » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:57 pm

Your getting this too mixed up and dont seem to grasp the cycling industry in relation to tech. This is a human driven sport and it works it works. In your analogy a 458 speciale would be ten times better than a Camaro zl1 because of cost right. The ZL1 is faster and heavier and is just a superior machine period, Dosent work that way anymore with bikes. That tech from last year is this year and so on with a whole lot of items I am showing and they are tools that work. They are only superior in price point because the parts are simply alternatives. The road bike stuff is this year tech for cheap but everything else apparently works as stated. We are just about to have a forum member complete a build on a XR PRO and as stated before, its Trek EX 5 territory without a doubt in my mind.Ive actually ridden a 2016 EX 5 and they are popular here in Switzerland but I am pretty sure a modded XR PRO is right up there with it any day of the week and I am not joking in the least. I still dont see that others cannot realize the potential and value of many of these items. Im calling it here and I am predicting extreme capability for reduced price. Everything else is in a similar spirit. That 200 dollar frame is a Giant Reign performance level build. If you cant see it then that's okay, but I am calling here without ever being near the frame and I showed the diagram to prove it. This stuff may be cheap but it will perform as such and its impossible to beat price wise.
Purple Haze

Postby orvil » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:35 pm

Purple Haze wrote: That 200 dollar frame is a Giant Reign performance level build. If you cant see it then that's okay, but I am calling here without ever being near the frame and I showed the diagram to prove it. This stuff may be cheap but it will perform as such and its impossible to beat price wise.

I rest my case and I promise I'll never again respond to your posts.
orvil

Postby Purple Haze » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:39 am

Good deal.
Purple Haze

Postby Purple Haze » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:47 am

HTB1TDOAg5FTMKJjSZFAq6AkJpXaN.jpg
HTB1TDOAg5FTMKJjSZFAq6AkJpXaN.jpg (60.7 KiB) Viewed 36 times
Reign-SX-Color-A-Orange.jpg
Reign-SX-Color-A-Orange.jpg (15.64 KiB) Viewed 36 times
For readers following the conversation I am saying the performance of the above frame is equal to the bike pictured below, but I am revising my opinion and saying now that the above frame will give superior ride characteristics to the bike pictured below and the reason is the head angle of the bike below is too slack and ridiculous because there is less body weight on the front end and they are compensating with bigger tires. In fact I am also stating you are far more likely to wash the front end out on the bike below if you dont run small motorcycle tires. My opinion but lets see how it pans out this year. Frame on the top fully built to park bike specs from Aliexpress below 1,300 bucks and cheaper at sale. Bike below is 4080 dollars as we speak. Bike on the bottom is best suited for something steep and that's about all from my opinion because who wants to pedal a chopper around trails.
Purple Haze

PreviousNext

Return to Chinese Bikes Direct