Whats available

For those who want (or need) to go to the source. Most frames and a lot of the components on bicycles sold all around the world are made in China. If you understand what you're doing, you can get an awesome deal. This is for you.

Re: Whats available

Postby Purple Haze » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:38 pm

I had my suspicions about the conversation we are having, so bring this to chat room and I will explain this a little better.
Purple Haze

Postby Purple Haze » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:50 am

Sorry lurker, but this is separate category of discussion. By this forum is in reference to Chinese bikes direct. Please continue these discussions in chat room and that would be appreciated. If you would like to further discuss the bikes in question then that is also appreciated. I was assuming that you were aware of the protocol and meant no disrespect.
Purple Haze

Postby lurker » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:32 am

what, are you a politician? :lol: answer the questions, please.
lurker

Postby Purple Haze » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:25 am

Chat room discussions and please read why this is here.
Purple Haze

Postby Purple Haze » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:20 am

HTB17nySNVXXXXcUXpXXq6xXFXXXS.jpg
HTB17nySNVXXXXcUXpXXq6xXFXXXS.jpg (183.35 KiB) Viewed 125 times
This company is really producing some of the finest carbon frame packages for road bikes regardless of price. They just happen to be cheaper than the competition. If your interested in a full on carbon road bike then check out the Sava store on Aliexpress I highlighted these bikes before and they crushing the sales market all over Europe. This stuff is more than real people its top notch and cheaper than any comparable package. The bike on top is a 900 dollar package. The debates been over with here in Europe and the streets from Italy to Germany are filling fast with this stuff.
Purple Haze

Postby wa_desert_rat » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:57 am

Since virtually all the frames of all the bicycles sold in all the bike stores everywhere in the world come from Chinese frame makers, trying to draw a distinction between big box bikes (made in China) and bikes made in China and sold direct is difficult to do.

THen consider the average big-box-bike buyer. The manager of our local Walmart told me she would not stock the Mongoose Pro 29er because, at $300, it was "too expensive for anyone here to buy". She might be wrong, but I watched several "fat bike" models languish on the racks in that Walmart until they finally clear them out on the cheap.

I bought my Mongoose Deception 29er at this store (for $199). But if I wanted to move up I'd have to either order and have it delivered or find a Walmart that carried something better.

Once I have to move to ordering a bike from the Walmart web site then then I might as well order from some other web site if the result is the bike I want getting to my house within the budget. If I now have to order from somewhere else AND pay shipping AND if that total is within my budget, I might as well look at a bike made in China and cut out the middleman. The shipping time is the only serious variable.

Sure, it's something current political thinking doesn't like but it's still a viable option.

So I created this forum to defuse the political arguments that were taking place elsewhere on the board.

For a large segment of new bike riders a big box store is the best option to buy something "good enough". The other bike forms are busily trying to claim that it's, somehow, not right to do that.

Let's not start doing that here.
WDR
http://www.bigboxbikes.com
"No one has ever had to evacuate a city because the solar ;panels broke!"
wa_desert_rat

Postby Purple Haze » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:16 pm

Thank,you WDR.
Purple Haze

Postby Purple Haze » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:21 am

kestrel-mxznx-carbon29-6.jpg
kestrel-mxznx-carbon29-6.jpg (78.73 KiB) Viewed 89 times
hal-boost-pro-lvred-5.jpg
hal-boost-pro-lvred-5.jpg (43.83 KiB) Viewed 89 times
There was a time when Bikes direct lost its way and didn't really offer LBS industry standard bikes for a few years but that's pretty much changed, and in 2018 they have packages that are going head to head with boutique bikes. Boutique bikes for the most part are simply the latest trend bikes and to get a better understanding of this I suggest you watch Bike Magazines review on you tube where even the top industry reviewers are slightly confused as to what constitutes better or worse in the trail category. The bike on the bottom fits in that category of pretty much a Enduro, downhill, trail bike and take your pick because you can do all of those things for a whole lot cheaper than just about any boutique bike. I haven't seen any outside reviews yet but I am positive that someone will say its exactly the same as those bikes but better because its cheaper. The bike on top is a Kestral framed XC racer and this is advertised as under 23lbs, and it matters to a whole lot of people that race or do group rides here in Europe at breakneck speeds and its becoming more and more popular. Question is can you build a bike with these capabilities for less, and the answer is absolutely without a doubt from Aliexpress but a lot of people are looking for a package that is complete and up to date with LBS bikes and that's where Bikes Direct has you covered for less.
Purple Haze

Postby Purple Haze » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:36 pm

UTB8v.57qhHEXKJk43Jeq6yeeXXa5.jpg
UTB8v.57qhHEXKJk43Jeq6yeeXXa5.jpg (127.88 KiB) Viewed 67 times
UTB8QLZ_qE_4iuJk43Fqq6z.FpXa7.jpg
UTB8QLZ_qE_4iuJk43Fqq6z.FpXa7.jpg (133.72 KiB) Viewed 67 times
I tried extremely hard to find evidence to support a forum members objection to content . I spent a whole lot of time on ecommerce sites looking for just a hint that some of these Chinese carbon frames that were being shown are substandard bikes and would help support his notion that there was some kind of ripoff scenario going on. Problem is I just couldn't and he never posted anything negative either. Both of these frames are 200 to 300 dollar frames and the testimonials are in the tens of thousands from around the entire world and there was nothing negative. My advice is to be sure of what you want and read the reviews but other than that, oh yes it is the real deal. The bike on the bottom is a rigid forked XC carbon frame and the frame and fork are 500 bucks. There is nothing in the LBS world that comes close, but please post it if there is such a thing. We have Chinese cell phones here in Europe for 100 dollars that are equal or better than the latest Apple I phone. The point is you can spend your money any way you want but this stuff is out there and its not going away. Please dont feel offended by the content because its your choice, but this is a BIG BOX BIKE scene here in Europe and its only growing. You should see the bike racks in the city filled with Chinese carbon and older bikes, its ridiculous. I am sorry if the content offends some people but this is the state of biking in 2018. Remember Alibaba runs deals every so often of two 29er XC frames for under 300 bucks and that's absurdly low for anything carbon in the bike world.
Purple Haze

Postby bikesRfun » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:54 pm

Rigid fork carbon fiber frame 29er LBS bike. A friend has 2 almost the same bikes. One is a 1x12 and weighs in at 19.4 lbs ready to ride. The other is the same except no gears, it's a single speed and weighs in at 17.5 lbs ready to ride. And that's with Stan's in the tires.
Attachments
20170916_002926-819x614.jpg
20170916_002926-819x614.jpg (151.56 KiB) Viewed 67 times
20170916_002914-819x614.jpg
20170916_002914-819x614.jpg (109.58 KiB) Viewed 67 times
bikesRfun

PreviousNext

Return to Chinese Bikes Direct