Whats available

For those who want (or need) to go to the source. Most frames and a lot of the components on bicycles sold all around the world are made in China. If you understand what you're doing, you can get an awesome deal. This is for you.

Re: Whats available

Postby Purple Haze » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:59 pm

Sorry, they paid less. Search 27.5 steel mtb on Alibaba and come back and tell me what you found or I am wrong. Not Aluminum but steel.
Purple Haze

Postby Purple Haze » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:11 am

From now on Bikes r fun, post information that I might be misled on. We continue to have problems with validation even though the information I post is worldwide and readily available. If you can find something to the contrary please post it and it must be relevant. Its a simple process of investigating the websites that are discussed and too many people refuse to believe blatant facts. I dont understand why this keeps happening other than there is a disdain for Chinese products. Otherwise please contribute relevant information to this forum other than making it sound accusatory, because so far no one has given one fact to the contrary. Not one fact has been given to support any opposing opinion. What is the point of making any claim if there is absolutely no benefit.
Purple Haze

Postby bikesRfun » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:18 am

I don't have a disdain for Chinese products.
A great many things are made in China.
Sometimes Chinese products do not meet quality expectations, but they're getting better as time goes on.
It seems you like KevCentral when he gives a favorable review. When he gives an unfavorable review you say negative things about him.
Mountain bike action magazine mentioned something about buying off brand bikes online. They said you could save money, if I remember correctly.
bikesRfun

Postby Purple Haze » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:14 am

Not the case, Kev has limited experience with what he is actually reviewing as a product and that's all I have pointed out. He stated in the video that the bike looked good from the spec sheet and that is why I was critical. We have way more input on this forum than Kev, Seth or just about any youtuber combined. From now on post why I am wrong and if I am then I must be corrected and that's all. Another former member repeatedly did the same thing of questioning anything shown that pertained to Aliexpress although there were reviews as well as videos and sales numbers that said it was real. That bike cost 40 dollars per unit or less.
Purple Haze

Postby bikesRfun » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:50 am

KevCentral said the bike was on sale on Amazon for about $140. That's in the BBB price range, which I consider to be $50- $350. He was curious about it, he bought it, rode it, and stated his opinion. That's what he does.

You post potential bargains you find in big box stores and online. That's fine. You're enthusiastic about certain online retailers, that's fine with me.

People on here enjoy all types of bikes and riding.
I'm one of them. I like seeing pictures you and others post of your bikes and your rides.
bikesRfun

Postby Purple Haze » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:50 am

HTB1x1MPcrsTMeJjSsziq6AdwXXaw.jpg
HTB1x1MPcrsTMeJjSsziq6AdwXXaw.jpg (65.5 KiB) Viewed 81 times
7005 frames are the way to spruce your 29er hardtails up. Highly recommended if you have heavy 29er hardtails and for 120 bucks you can start your superlight build with these 1.43 kg framesets. All day long on Aliexpress. LBS quality 7005 aluminum is cheap nowadays.
Purple Haze

Postby Purple Haze » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:52 am

Another wave of frames coming to the mtb market in spring. I will post them as soon as they come in.
Purple Haze

Postby bikesRfun » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:55 pm

Okay. .
bikesRfun

Postby blkangel » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:04 am

Purple Haze wrote:Another wave of frames coming to the mtb market in spring. I will post them as soon as they come in.

Can you post actual links? I can't do anything with these random pics. It would be easier for the site members to access these deals if we hand links to them verses just a pic. If you are already finding these amazing deals for us why not post the direct links verses making us do all the work you have just done?
2014 Motobecane Boris
Nashbar Carbon Road Bike
1994 GT Tequesta (Converted to Single Speed)
Mongoose DJ682
blkangel

Postby Purple Haze » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:14 pm

blkangel, look on Aliexpress and give the description such as 27.5 aluminum frame mtb. Or 29er carbon bike. Its really pretty simple but I will post all the bike links your interested in. The links are so numerous that it really becomes more of a personal taste thing if your actually interested. The 7005 aluminum frames alone continue for 200 or more pages with Alibaba and Aliexpress combined. Tell me the bike your looking for and I will post a link that could possibly be the cheapest, but please dont come back and say its cheaper on page 57 because these deals are posted every week and even I cant keep up with them. I will post your DOGMA when my internet gets fixed but im on wifi hotspot and dont have unlimited data plan over here.
Purple Haze

Previous

Return to Chinese Bikes Direct