Whats available

For those who want (or need) to go to the source. Most frames and a lot of the components on bicycles sold all around the world are made in China. If you understand what you're doing, you can get an awesome deal. This is for you.

Re: Whats available

Postby Purple Haze » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:54 am

s1600_nino1 (2).jpg
s1600_nino1 (2).jpg (114.03 KiB) Viewed 106 times
HTB1WznURVXXXXb6XFXXq6xXFXXXu.jpg
HTB1WznURVXXXXb6XFXXq6xXFXXXu.jpg (368.13 KiB) Viewed 106 times
On the top is Nino Shurters spark RC full carbon race bike. You can buy something similar in 2018 at around the 10,000 dollar price because you cannot buy Ninos bike ,and it is different. On the bottom is 2,500 bucks all day long with carbon wheels. Oh I forgot to mention the forks on the bottom just have a sticker and I can get those for under 150 bucks. Figure it out yourselves because it most certainly is real. I posted this frameset at the 600 dollar level and certain people were still in disbelief. Can you match the performance of a actual race bike and the answer is probably not because its a race bike, but you most certainly can get pretty darn close. This was the last time I am posting comparisons because if you cannot see why I am posting these framesets then it probably matters very little to the individual. Sometimes a name matters to people and as long as you are out riding then that's perfectly fine. Please do not be offended by anything shown because its more about getting people to ride and be healthy than anything else. This reminds me of Apple vs Samsung fans at certain points and that's not what this is about.
Purple Haze

Postby Purple Haze » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:06 am

HTB17uFVk_nI8KJjSszbq6z4KFXac.jpg
HTB17uFVk_nI8KJjSszbq6z4KFXac.jpg (198.27 KiB) Viewed 104 times
Wait for the spring sale but if you already have the rims Aliexpress has hub sets for 100 bucks that are pretty hard to beat and no its not DT SWISS ceramic bearing hubs, but still better than anything else. I have only seen the job performed one time by my neighbor and its pretty involved, so if you have the tools and know what your doing then go for it. This is a job that takes time and if you have bike shop prices like we have here then you might want to attempt it. My next purchase for the 29er build in a month or so.
Purple Haze

Postby Purple Haze » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:26 am

WARNING Aliexpress and Alibaba are having supply issues on certain items due to demand. Entire lots of frames are being sold to one buyer and even though its advertised that dosent mean they actually have it in stock. This is occurring frequently with new items. BE CAREFUL because they dont tell you its out of stock. So far this is with mountain bike frames and although they refund the money, its a hassle. As soon as a new item appears, wait because it could have already been sold out. This is occurring more frequently and I still dont know why. There very well could be quality issues involved as well. I posted a 238 dollar LUTUWANG frame that comes in a 29er 19 inch frame size and it was gone one month later. I suspect it was bought in a large quantity and the seller had sold out before it was even available. The supply chain does not work in the same manner as people in the west expect it to apparently. Or it was too close to a certain brands bike that happens to be based in Taiwan also.
Purple Haze

Postby bikesRfun » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:35 am

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Now that you have this area (Chinese bikes direct / what's available ) I don't see why people should be offended. I'll admit you do seem like a salesman for AliExpress, but maybe you're just enthusiastic about the website. I may or may not agree with your statements, but I don't remember ever being offended. Like you said, as long as you get out and ride, that's the main thing.
bikesRfun

Postby bikesRfun » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:58 am

Orkan LUX275 MTB from Amazon - Worth $141?: http://youtu.be/uLQBfBeNgG0

Have you seen this review on KevCentral?
He doesn't recommend getting the bike.
bikesRfun

Postby Purple Haze » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:27 pm

Kev is picking bikes that are obviously bottom of the barrel to demonstrate how bad no name bikes can be. He really needs to study what makes a modern bike good before engaging in a review. Steel is not a consideration as a modern bike material for a mountain bike. He is also repeatedly having problems not identifying cassette bikes from freewheel bikes and that's a big problem. He just dosent know the industry and its very hard to give a review if you dont know what you are actually looking at. Too many people come to this forum with hatred for Chinese anything and they dont understand its all Chinese and they are offended that the bikes being shown in these threads are coming from the exact same factories that build LBS bikes. Alibabas group is giving you the opportunity to buy more for less and so far as I can see its absolutely spot on, if you know what your looking at. The first page of this thread, forum has a deal that would cost a consumer close to 20,000 bucks at any LBS company and its price of under 7,000 dollars for three carbon full suspension bikes is absurd. They are also the makers of a major brands bikes that sells half carbon and half aluminum bikes that cost the same price for only one bike. I am only showing what is truly available in the bike world and so far the entire world is agreeing with me. Go back in my post and see the comments that are from other people that cannot see the post for what they are.
Purple Haze

Postby bikesRfun » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:51 pm

Kev was directed to that bike by a subscriber. It's in the price range of a BBB. It's fair game for review.

Steel is a viable frame material for mountain bikes and some name brands still use it. Some mountain bikers prefer it.

Most bike frames (BBB and LBS) are made in either China or Taiwan.
bikesRfun

Postby Purple Haze » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:59 am

The bike in question is described as steel plain and simple. Steel alloy is a different animal and chrome moly with a number is also what you would look for. Alibaba sells bikes like that for 40 to 60 dollars apiece. Amazon paid 40 bucks or less for that bike and that's about as low as you can get.
Purple Haze

Postby bikesRfun » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:38 am

You state that Amazon paid $40 or less for the bike. Are you guessing then stating as fact?
That would be bad for your credibility.
If you can prove your statement, now would be a good time.
bikesRfun

Postby Purple Haze » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:34 pm

I will track down the exact bike on Alibaba. I know this game a little too well.
Purple Haze

PreviousNext

Return to Chinese Bikes Direct