Whats available

For those who want (or need) to go to the source. Most frames and a lot of the components on bicycles sold all around the world are made in China. If you understand what you're doing, you can get an awesome deal. This is for you.

Re: Whats available

Postby orvil » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:18 pm

I’ll let PH answer the personal questions but, yes, this is probably the wrong thread to inquire about parts available at LBS’s or online retailers selling bikes and components normally associated with LBS’s. This thread was started as a way to show what was available through retailers usually associated with Chinese direct sells such as Alibaba and Aliexpress. The majority of components sold through those websites are typically Asian and not in the mainstream in the USA. That doesn’t mean they’re bad, it just means an American buyer will have limited reviews of those components other than buyer reviews/ratings. You’ll probably not find a review of these components in “Mountain Bike Action” or on “Pinkbike”. Again, I’m not bashing the products, I personally just prefer components I know more about and are more mainstream, conversely more expensive. But like I’ve stated earlier, most of my components are purchased from online retailers at steep discounts. And I highly advise you to continue comparison shopping for the best deals. As you grow in the sport you’ll learn which vendors to turn to for the best deals in upgrades.
orvil

Postby Purple Haze » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:00 pm

If you followed my post then you would have seen my disdain for pricing in the bike industry. The reality is those frames and components are purchased from China for fractions of the cost by companies and the markup is beyond reasonable. I am just a avid cyclist that enjoys riding and have been in Europe periodically for work but married into this for better or worse. The problem is most people have no idea whats actually available in the cycling world until you look at Alibaba. The same exact place all this stuff is coming from. It was junk ten years ago, but so were the Chinese cell phones ,but lo and behold surprise. China is the sole entity that all this stuff is coming from and I dont see a problem buying direct from the actual manufacturers if you know what to look for. The quality issue is not as simple as slapping a name on something and thinking its better.You have to dig a little deeper and find the company where this stuff is coming from. we are just consumers that want the best stuff for the cheapest price and as of now that's buying direct. Western companies like Walmart are buying this stuff for pennies on the dollar and now we can too. Chain reactions aggressive pricing this year is new because those sites were non competitive as of last year compared to places like Aliexpress.
Purple Haze

Postby Purple Haze » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:12 pm

Chain reaction is tapping the volume business model orvil, I believe. Instead of 500 groupsets they are ordering 5,000.
Purple Haze

Postby Purple Haze » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:44 am

HTB1mRAqjfxNTKJjy0Fjq6x6yVXap.jpg
HTB1mRAqjfxNTKJjy0Fjq6x6yVXap.jpg (306.45 KiB) Viewed 79 times
The verdict is pouring in on this CARBON framed 29er and as predicted its exactly as stated. Its 800 bucks now for the same 29er 27 speed bike but its still a good price. It was 600 bucks on your doorstep for the introductory offer featured in my head to head thread. The neighbor got one for his long legged daughter and I will post picture if she comes by the neighborhood.
Purple Haze

Postby Purple Haze » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:41 am

UTB8ZEV3omnEXKJk43Ubq6zLppXau.jpg
UTB8ZEV3omnEXKJk43Ubq6zLppXau.jpg (188.87 KiB) Viewed 63 times
The frame has been featured before and this is the results folks. The frame is 700 bucks now but your looking at a below 2,000 dollar bike that essentially is a Scott spark RC and that means this is a world championship frame that has multiple titles to its name. In essence folks these are the bikes you actually race on at world class levels. Those are 10,000 dollar bikes sporting full carbon people. For 700 bucks you cant get any better XC, full suspension carbon frame in the world. The reviews are all over the net and its real as predicted and people are heaving accolades on the Chinese carbon frame. Another best deal in entire industry bar none price from Alibaba.
Purple Haze

Postby bikesRfun » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:43 pm

I think the bike I'm looking at in the picture above is NOT less than $2,000.
Let's just price 2 items.
The Stan's ZTR crest wheels : about $600
The Rockshox RS-1 fork: about $1900
So that's about $2,500.00 right there.
Add the frame, tires, brakes, drivetrain and it might be under $5,000.
bikesRfun

Postby Purple Haze » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:18 am

I will give you the fork because I am unable to find them on Alibaba so far and they are not on the world championship bike, but those are not carbon rims either. In essence you most certainly can duplicate world championship bikes ride characteristics for well under two grand. I most certainly can duplicate Shurters dual air chamber XC forks for under 150 bucks and I showed them in head to head. Tires and that upside down fork are the only things I cannot source on the cheap.
Purple Haze

Postby bikesRfun » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:49 am

So are you saying a world championship rider could compete in world championship races on a $150 fork and in no way would that lessen his chances of winning?
bikesRfun

Postby Purple Haze » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:11 pm

There is certainly a misbelief when it comes to componentry as I have stated so many times and this is coming from personal experience. The damping a air fork must have on a bicycle is so much less than a motorcycle strictly because of speed that I am pretty positive that even Nino Shurter couldn't tell the difference. I mean that sincerely because I cant tell one iota of difference between Fox 32s and my Epicons when tuned properly. Not even when compressed to maximum on big drops for XC forks is there any difference. Its all about set up nowadays and ive gotten pretty darn good at knowing how much oil and air is optimal for that perfect ride and I tried to tell dddd the same info. Dual air is even easier because the lower chamber compresses with the air pressure and you can fine tune them for ten minutes by riding over a curb and figure it out. You know how I feel about this subject because I actually have the 2004 world championship XC carbon Trek when components did make the difference but they caught up with that tech and its all you really need to win. The rest is all rider and not tech and its evident because just look at the top five riders for any discipline.
Purple Haze

Postby bikesRfun » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:45 pm

So your answer to the previous question is: Yes.
bikesRfun

PreviousNext

Return to Chinese Bikes Direct