Huffy mayham

The industry is coming out with new riding formats and 27.5 looks like a keeper. Here's where you talk it over with other riders.
Forum rules
Be polite! Try to stay on topic. :)

Re: Huffy mayham

Postby dddd » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:00 pm

The Huffy mayhem sure looks just like the Huffy Carnage, which comes with wider tires and was also the star of a popular U-Tube video by that name:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkMnk_eCDQU

I mention the Huffy Carnage since it's on sale for $150 at the moment:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/27-5-Huffy-M ... w/49058122
dddd

Postby Purple Haze » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:47 pm

Carnage was all steel frame and this bike is 6061.
Purple Haze

Postby Purple Haze » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:40 pm

I have been investigating this bike more thoroughly and they took it off Walmarts website but don't be fooled,this frame has some serious potential as a pretty hardcore 27.5.If you actually consider that with different components on this bike then this thing looks like it can handle some serious terrain.If its discontinued then I suggest asking if you could dumpster dive and get as many frames as possible.
Purple Haze

Postby orvil » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:29 am

Nateweeks since you proclaim to be clueless I'd spend some time learning to adjust and maintain the bike properly before making it more complicated with modifications. Learn how to set up, adjust and maintain your brakes first and foremost. Ride the bike as-is and build some skills before deciding what needs to be replaced and modified. Many of us here have modified our bikes and give you so much advice that it will make your head spin but learning a few things about your bike and learning skills should be first. That's just my opinion.
orvil

Postby dddd » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:47 pm

The aluminum-framed Mayhem is selling for a very low $129 at the moment at Walmart.

It features a frame with quite-long chainstays, so will not be so good at always finding traction up steep hills. Further, the resulting front-heavy weight distribution will make it hard to lift the front wheel. It will also be harder to keep the front wheel from dropping when passing drop-off trail features, since likely no amount of hanging back can effect the weight transfer needed to prevent the front wheel from dropping. Launching off such features at higher speed might be the only way of helping to keep the bike level by "pumping the fork" before launch.

It should do fine on trails without much in the way of steep stuff however.
dddd

Previous

Return to 27.5-inch Mountain Bikes