RCT Shifter assembly

The industry is coming out with new riding formats and 27.5 looks like a keeper. Here's where you talk it over with other riders.
Forum rules
Be polite! Try to stay on topic. :)

RCT Shifter assembly

Postby Johhny » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:18 pm

Hey guys I need some help here if you could, I was trying to remove the cable from my Rct's 7 speed shifter and foolishly took some screws out now I can't get it back together! I was wondering if any of you knew how my shifter goes back together? thanks
Johhny

Re: RCT Shifter assembly

Postby Gravelo » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:53 pm

If you're talking about the rear shifter, the "h" and " l " set screws, you may be in for some experimentation. I've never taken them out of the shifter body before. I think that I would count the number of full turns it takes to set them back in, all the way, as far as they'll go, then back them out half way, and restring the cable. Once you have tension on the cable you can play with the barrel adjuster to get shifting dialed in. The screws that I'm talking about set the maximum and minimum swing of the derailleur, the shifting within this range is from the barrel adjuster and cable tension. More over, there's little about a bike that cannot be fixed with some patience and screwing around. Hang in there.you haven't ruined anything if you took out the screws I think you took out. Hope this helps.
Gravelo

Postby Johhny » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:27 am

I wish I just took out the limit screws but I am talking about the EZ-fire shifter in the cock pit, springs went everywhere i doubt I will ever get it back together, I've aready spent a couple hrs messing with it.
Johhny

Postby BicyclePhD » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:01 pm

Johhny wrote:I wish I just took out the limit screws but I am talking about the EZ-fire shifter in the cock pit, springs went everywhere i doubt I will ever get it back together, I've aready spent a couple hrs messing with it.

you can get the tech doc from Shimano's website it will have a blowup diagram of the shifter internals.
BicyclePhD

Return to 27.5-inch Mountain Bikes