Just ordered my huffy elite tr 745

The industry is coming out with new riding formats and 27.5 looks like a keeper. Here's where you talk it over with other riders.
Forum rules
Be polite! Try to stay on topic. :)

Re: Just ordered my huffy elite tr 745

Postby Purple Haze » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:11 am

Please hose that bike off because that fine dirt gets into everything and I cant stand it. :lol: Just kidding around.That is a nice bike by the way.
Purple Haze

Postby dddd » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:29 pm

It's mostly dry and dusty here around this time of year for eight months straight. There is very little traction except on the rocks. It makes riding solo a no-brainer, and makes for challenging climbs through the mostly-wooded canyon wilderness.

I wipe down the chain with a small towel before lubing it, and wipe off the fork stanchions before lubing with Teflon fork spray after every ride. The spray softens the dust buildup under the wipers that can otherwise wedge the seal lip away from the stanchion, letting dirt in. I have almost 200 trail miles on the Epixon and it is still very smooth. I should at least re-grease it at the end of this season.
dddd

Postby Purple Haze » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:21 am

Wrong dddd,take the thing apart and change the hydraulic oil.Its easy and will ensure the forks longevity.I will put these forks we have against any fork on the market,its that good.
Purple Haze

Postby Biggin76 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:59 am

So do you guys ride any other bikes? Trails closed everytime it rains, between that and work it's hard to get there... so my 2018 Kink Downside bmx will come in tomorrow, I think I will like blasting around town on a bmx like a big kid
Biggin76

Postby Purple Haze » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:30 am

You really need a street bike and a mountain bike. The street bike for training your body to accept the stresses of going on trails and for overall health. Mountain biking is a extreme sport and you have to be in serious shape to enjoy it or survive a accident if that happens. Make sure you accept biking as a way of staying in shape because remember i am in a place where people do this their whole lives and just about everyday. These are endurance activities and its very serious but the benefits are tremendous. The portrayal of dudes hopping on a ski lift is true to some degree but you will still need to pedal even on the mountain. Just ride on the street or park when the weather is not suitable because staying fit is what this is all about. Europe is being transformed as we speak into a car ,ebike or motorcycle place because biking was so strenuous. The older population here are some of the fittest people on this planet because they either walked or rode a bike everyday for miles on end. Those days are coming to a close on the entire continent and its very sad in a way.
Purple Haze

Postby dddd » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:39 am

Purple Haze wrote:Wrong dddd,take the thing apart and change the hydraulic oil.Its easy and will ensure the forks longevity.I will put these forks we have against any fork on the market,its that good.

There's no oil in my Epixon fork, other than in the sealed damping cartridge.

Have you had one of these cartridges apart? Do they utilize nitrogen pressure or are they thru-shaft design and filled without any expansion room for the oil heating up?
dddd

Postby Purple Haze » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:52 am

That's not a good thing unless its a different design as mine. We cannot take the dampers apart but you should have hydraulic oil in the lockout side and it should be clear.If its dirty like mine you will notice a brown tinge. I will tear mine apart this week and show the picture but do not mess with the damper. Mine has a warning sticker on the backside.
Purple Haze

Postby Purple Haze » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:10 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6W5Zwv4t-w https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qmg9mxOQAA HERE are the videos that you will need but don't mess with the cartridge.
Purple Haze

Postby Purple Haze » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:11 am

Its easy, don't be intimidated and only takes 40 minutes or so.
Purple Haze

Postby Purple Haze » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:19 am

Don't lose the pin for adjustment and don't damage it whatsoever.
Purple Haze

PreviousNext

Return to 27.5-inch Mountain Bikes