Switch to full style
The industry is coming out with new riding formats and 27.5 looks like a keeper. Here's where you talk it over with other riders.

Forum rules

Be polite! Try to stay on topic. :)
Post a reply

Re: post a pic of your 650b

Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:28 pm

It was about 36lbs if I recall, so almost 10lbs lighter than the Mongoose Hondo I was riding at the time.

Someone here, Biggin76 I think it was, started a thread letting us know these bikes were selling for cheap at WalMart online. They were in and out of stock, then one came up and I got it for $179. Now they are selling them for $399, ...crazy, I know.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:26 am

For 179 dollars the huffy is a unbeatable deal with what they gave you.Replace the cassette with the hg 51 for 20 bucks and that's another two pounds lost,or go with a entire 3x10 gear set with the hollow crank included for 100 bucks and you should have a world class 27.5 since you already have the air fork.Wheel sets with top notch hubs are now very close to the 100 dollar mark also.I admire your purchase dddd and am only highlighting the possibilities your bike has for the price because with all the mods mentioned would easily put you in the 1,500 dollar range at any LBS.Walmarts asking price of 399 compares very much so with any LBS deal because its a XC weapon ready to be unleashed.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:15 pm

Purple Haze wrote:For 179 dollars the huffy is a unbeatable deal with what they gave you.Replace the cassette with the hg 51 for 20 bucks and that's another two pounds lost

Two pounds? I had to look this up to see for myself and I'm seeing a difference of 15 grams.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:51 pm

Propaganda lol.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:51 am

Comes with a freewheel orvil :lol: You didn't look hard enough.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:54 am

Just kidding orvil but propaganda is propaganda.

Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:24 pm

New to the forum so I thought I would drop a pic of my little beast for my first post. She started out as a Kent RCT but has since turned into something else after I modded her. I like to call her the X1 now :)

Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:55 pm

Looks good! I don't think I've ever seen a red and black RCT before, or did you paint it?

Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:44 am

metalman302 wrote:Looks good! I don't think I've ever seen a red and black RCT before, or did you paint it?

Yeah I painted it. I got bored of the matte black look so I painted the brake calipers red and added in some red accents on the frame.
Post a reply