post a pic of your 650b

The industry is coming out with new riding formats and 27.5 looks like a keeper. Here's where you talk it over with other riders.
Forum rules
Be polite! Try to stay on topic. :)

Re: post a pic of your 650b

Postby giantcfr1 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:31 am

I rode down to the beach this morning which was cold and bleak. I took this candid selfie and realized just how how Big-box I was...
Bike: Aldi
Helmet: Aldi
Jeans: KMart
Shoes: Big W.
Feeling: Content
giantcfr1

Postby dddd » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:02 am

Were you perhaps attending a public hanging?

All kidding aside, do these Aldi bikes have a model name? Looks like a better bike than some of those sold in regular bike shops!
What do they cost?
dddd

Postby giantcfr1 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:56 am

dddd wrote:Were you perhaps attending a public hanging?

All kidding aside, do these Aldi bikes have a model name? Looks like a better bike than some of those sold in regular bike shops!
What do they cost?

Its marketed as a Crane Premium MTB.The bike was $349 Australian Dollars.
I've had it since September 2015 it's been a fantastic bike as Ive ridden it daily. Good components and I believe built by Polygon. Here is a link to the bike. http://flowmountainbike.com/features/350-bike-in-a-box/
giantcfr1

Postby bikesRfun » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:08 pm

Here's my 27.5"
Attachments
imgcache1.94328525.jpg
imgcache1.94328525.jpg (100.53 KiB) Viewed 450 times
bikesRfun

Postby jasnooks » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:47 pm

bikesRfun wrote:Here's my 27.5"

I'll bet that i can crack the head tube on that..
jasnooks

Postby bikesRfun » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:55 am

I'll bet I can break any part of any bike.
bikesRfun

Postby dddd » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:12 pm

In the old days, spokes were pretty much the weak link, the first thing that usually started breaking after so many miles and so many bumps in the road.

These days, even the bbb's have spokes that can last as long or longer than most of the other componentry, not that much of that stuff breaks for no reason.
I did have to replace parts like shifters and brake levers and rotors that didn't function right when new, and a couple of bottom brackets that wore so fast that they held their adjustment for only a couple of rides. One of the freewheels also had too much play to be relied on, and the forks on both bikes needed additional shielding on their fork legs to keep dirt out.

I haven't broken anything yet on either of this year's bbb purchases after over 800 off-road miles. I did a thorough tension check on all the spokes, making them as even as possible along same-side spokes of each wheel. I realize that at my weight, I am less likely to break stuff than riders who are little or a lot heavier than I.
Still, I use 10mm solid rear axle and better-quality chain for peace of mind.

These are my 650b's:

dddd

Postby jasnooks » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:08 am

bikesRfun wrote:I'll bet I can break any part of any bike.

Lol, same here
jasnooks

Postby jasnooks » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:14 am

dddd wrote:In the old days, spokes were pretty much the weak link, the first thing that usually started breaking after so many miles and so many bumps in the road.

These days, even the bbb's have spokes that can last as long or longer than most of the other componentry, not that much of that stuff breaks for no reason.
I did have to replace parts like shifters and brake levers and rotors that didn't function right when new, and a couple of bottom brackets that wore so fast that they held their adjustment for only a couple of rides. One of the freewheels also had too much play to be relied on, and the forks on both bikes needed additional shielding on their fork legs to keep dirt out.

I haven't broken anything yet on either of this year's bbb purchases after over 800 off-road miles. I did a thorough tension check on all the spokes, making them as even as possible along same-side spokes of each wheel. I realize that at my weight, I am less likely to break stuff than riders who are little or a lot heavier than I.
Still, I use 10mm solid rear axle and better-quality chain for peace of mind.

These are my 650b's:

I love the color scheme on that Huffy.
Oh, and it looks like you can still fit a water bottle or 2 on that, lol. Just kidding man, sharp bikes.
jasnooks

Postby Biggin76 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:17 pm

https://imgur.com/gallery/jwSOF
Huffy tr-745 with raceface chester and shimano

Edit : i thought i had it figured out and could post a pic, guess not
Biggin76

PreviousNext

Return to 27.5-inch Mountain Bikes