What's the difference betweenWhite Burgundy Mongoose Vinson

Wide-tire bicycles with flotation are great in snow or on sand.
Forum rules
Be polite... stay on topic.

What's the difference betweenWhite Burgundy Mongoose Vinson

Postby Log Home » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:58 am

What's the difference between the White & Burgundy Mongoose Vinson bikes?

I'm reading the white version has better tires and a wider frame.

Can anyone tell me the differences please besides the colors?

Thanks.
Log Home

Re: What's the difference betweenWhite Burgundy Mongoose Vin

Postby Tomcat65 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:00 pm

The Amazon.com Mongoose Vinson shows that the white version is a small 16" frame, and the burgundy is a medium 18" frame. That could make a huge difference, but the only other difference is the gumwall tires on the burgundy version. The assumption is that gumwall tires are usually lighter, but you give up the durability and puncture resistance of the standard black wall tires. Having owned both gumwall tires and standard blackwall tires, I can honestly say that I have no idea how the fatbike tires add up. I can tell you though, the front and rear tire and wheel are going to weigh about 9lb front, 10lb rear. Even the lighter framed fatbikes are heavy compared to everything else. $578 and $579 are a fair deal for these aluminum frame fatbikes, but as always when ordering online, buyer beware. The size difference will make a big difference in the fit and feel of these bikes.
Tomcat65

Postby Log Home » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:41 pm

Tomcat, thanks for the reply. I'm 6' tall and a 16" frame would be no good at all for me.

Can't find much information about the Vinson specs online but will keep looking.

Dick's Sporting goods has both colors listed as 18"
Log Home

Postby Tomcat65 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:05 pm

18" is a little on the low end of the fit charts for your size.. But a longer stem and seatpost swap might bring it in to a balanced fit for you. The Vinson is a good bike with really good reviews. The aluminum frame is a definite draw.
https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/mongoose-adult-vinson-mountain-bike-16monamngsvnsnftbprf/16monamngsvnsnftbprf?categoryId=201123
Vinson.jpg
Vinson.jpg (36.69 KiB) Viewed 169 times
Tomcat65

Return to Fat Bikes