Mongoose Malus 2017 Academy Sports Mods and Build

Wide-tire bicycles with flotation are great in snow or on sand.
Forum rules
Be polite... stay on topic.

Re: Mongoose Malus 2017 Academy Sports Mods and Build

Postby jimmie65 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:41 am

I'll be interested to see how they perform for you. I need to find some sand tires for my Beast.
Current bbb bikes - Mongoose Beast, Iron Horse Yakuza 5.1. Other bikes - Marin Fairfax, Specialized Sequoia, and Torker Tristar. Other "other" bikes - Cyco-cycle, Razor DXT drifter. Current project - 1995 Specialized Hard Rock to gravel grinder.
jimmie65

Re: Mongoose Malus 2017 Academy Sports Mods and Build

Postby Tomcat65 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:31 pm

The Juggernaut Pro 26x4.50 tires were delivered today. They came packaged in one box, each in manufacturer's original packaging. The OEM packaging is no joke, the boxes are bigger than I expected. Inside, the tires are rolled down as small as they will allow, with a wide rubber band holding them tight. The scales say 1480g, compared to the original 1586g each, so I'll only be dropping 200+g for the pair. The width difference between the original Panaracer Fat-B-Nimble 26x4.0 knock-offs and the Juggernaut Pro 4.5 is negligible, but the tread width is Very much wider on the Juggernaut Pro. Less bare sidewall bulge and more bite on the outer edges should improve cornering grip and possibly protect the thin sidewalls from damage. Overall, the Juggernaut Pro fills out the rear frame very well, and it's just a great looking tire. Big white letters and red fill on a tire that looks aggressive, but not over the top knobby.

We have around 6 inches of snow right now with ice underneath, I'm not sure when I'll get good pics, but it might be sooner than later.

On a side note. riding on the beach, somehow gets sand in places where you would never think to look. lol.. I'll be cleaning my little bike mechanic'ing area again tonight. I believe it's worse than deep black Kentucky mud..
:geek:
Tomcat65

Previous

Return to Fat Bikes