Energy Supplements

Comments relative to health and nutrition as it applies to riding bicycles.
Forum rules
Be polit and try hard to stay on topic.

Energy Supplements

Postby Kojack » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:10 pm

Gotta love this subject. We ride to mcds and have a big Mac. Ha ha. In all seriousness. Gatorade and water if it's a short ride, some granola bars or powerbar on a longer one.
im looking for the "ICE CREAM SANDWICH" man...ha ha
Kojack

Re: Energy Supplements

Postby disciple » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:22 pm

www.hammernutrition. com

Awesome company with awesome products. 8-)
"For God so loved the world"... John 3:16

FCA Endurance ~ team member (fellowship of Christian athletes)
Hammer Nutrition
Team RFC ~ chaplain (racers for Christ)
disciple

Postby desertguns » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:41 am

Trolling a forum for profit? What would Jesus say? :twisted:
desertguns

Postby wa_desert_rat » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:03 pm

I have to say that I do not take "energy" products; most especially products like Red Bull and the like. This is mostly because I distrust their ability to provide a safe energy boost.

The same goes for products like Gatorade. I really don't work hard enough to need the replacements (and I'm not certain that Gatorade offered to consumers actually does much of that anyway). I drink water. And eat breakfast bars or chocolate (KitKats and Snickers are my favorites) and beef jerky.

Remember... arsenic is a natural, organic "food".
WDR
http://www.bigboxbikes.com
"No one has ever had to evacuate a city because the solar ;panels broke!"
wa_desert_rat

Postby disciple » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:05 pm

@ desertguns -
I have been reading this forum for some time now and I have no profit whatsoever to make by endorsing Hammer. And if it makes you feel better, I actually do own a Deception 29er (albeit its a testbed of sorts and not my only bike) . Sorry if my post was perceived as "trolling". Honestly, Jesus has no problem with my former post, but I'm certainly sorry that you apparently did. And honestly I can see how it could be perceived as trolling since that was my first post. However, given my signature I would have hoped that the benefit of the doubt would have been given. I was merely trying to point people to what I think is a great product with the results to back it up. Thanks for all the great info posted by yourself in the past as I know it has helped many.
Shalom (peace)!
"For God so loved the world"... John 3:16

FCA Endurance ~ team member (fellowship of Christian athletes)
Hammer Nutrition
Team RFC ~ chaplain (racers for Christ)
disciple

Postby desertguns » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:41 pm

Sorry about the crack, disciple ;) I thought it was your first & only post so though it was drive-by advertising with no actual interest in the form. Welcome! :D
desertguns

Postby wa_desert_rat » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:26 am

It is so nice to see people dealing with each other in a respectful and friendly manner!!! So different from many other forums. Nice work you guys. :)
WDR
http://www.bigboxbikes.com
"No one has ever had to evacuate a city because the solar ;panels broke!"
wa_desert_rat

Postby Andrew_9 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:22 am

Supplements are the necessity of one's life if you want to keep yourself healthy and fit. Me and my family take Green drink in daily life. We actually feels like active and energetic. I must suggest you all to take supplement daily to feel the good change in yourself.
Andrew_9

Postby squire366 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:48 pm

Still taking the NUUN tablets dissolved in water to replace electrolytes without all of the sugars that Gatorade has. I've also used Cliff Shot Bloks and Cliff Gell Shots but today I decided to give Jelly Belly Sports Beans a try. I saw the commercials for Jelly Belly Sports Beans during Le Tour De France and figure "what the hell can it hurt to try them?" Hell.........Pro road bikers use them so I decided to try them today.

All I can say is ENERGY OVERLOAD!!!! I was flying thru the trails much faster than I usually do and was taking a few more chances than I should have but it was super fun. Guess I found my newest energy supplement to use. Oh.......and they're cheap too! $1.00 per package at Academy Sports and the Sports Beans don't taste bad at all.
Mongoose Deception
squire366

Postby Rock N' Rolla » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:15 pm

louisiana29er wrote:I'm not a huge fan of taking a nitric-oxide (NO explode, jack3d, nitro pump, etc) before a ride, seen a few guys show symptoms of irregular heart beat, chest pains, etc (younger guys too, 21-22 years old). If I'm planning a hard ride,
http://www.innerarmour.com/products_glycopeak.html

+1, I agree. Also consider breaking up
the protein in take to no more than 40grams max in a 2hr period, less stress on the kidneys.
Rock N' Rolla

PreviousNext

Return to Health and Nutrition