Titan Pioneer vs pacific cycle stratus mountain

This is the standard size mountain bike (MTB)
Forum rules
Be polite and courteous! Stay on topic!

Re: Titan Pioneer vs pacific cycle stratus mountain

Postby to the beach » Fri May 19, 2017 10:09 am

Did you try tightening the bolt on the crank? Or maybe the bottom bracket is loose?
to the beach

Postby Purple Haze » Sat May 20, 2017 1:04 am

Amazon has a return policy and you should have notified them by email that you received a broken item.Do not ride the bike and then send it back because the problems were identifiable on the unboxing.If you were intending on upgrading the bike then TO THE BEACH OR dddd suggestions were more than valid about looking for a higher quality used bike with a better frame and components.A whole lot of people on this forum are extremely knowledgeable about what their talking about and unlike many other forums,only want to help and get you riding without wasting your money or having a bad experience.
Purple Haze

Postby mtbcrazy » Sat May 20, 2017 10:55 am

to the beach wrote:Did you try tightening the bolt on the crank? Or maybe the bottom bracket is loose?

Yes I removed the crank bolt and inspected the bearings, and then tightened everything back up.

I replaced the headset with a $4 Sunlite unit, last night. It is cheap, but looks very high quality part. It was easy job. Now the bike handles like a $500 bike.
Also replaced the shifter with a cool retro Sunrace stem-type friction shifter $10.

THe bike rides pretty nice now...even with the knocking sound. I am 100% positive now that the sound is coming from the chain and freewheel cog.
So, I'm going to build a new wheel with a decent quality hub and freewheel.

After I replace the wheel, this bike is going to rock.

Honestly, I am getting too old and frail to ride offroad anymore. So this is just mostly a commuter bike.
I will probably never take it offroad.
I'm thinking of adding a drop bar...so I can join my coworker for 50-mile rides on the weekend.
Last edited by mtbcrazy on Sat May 20, 2017 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
mtbcrazy

Postby mtbcrazy » Sat May 20, 2017 11:13 am

Purple Haze wrote:Amazon has a return policy and you should have notified them by email that you received a broken item.Do not ride the bike and then send it back because the problems were identifiable on the unboxing.If you were intending on upgrading the bike then TO THE BEACH OR dddd suggestions were more than valid about looking for a higher quality used bike with a better frame and components.A whole lot of people on this forum are extremely knowledgeable about what their talking about and unlike many other forums,only want to help and get you riding without wasting your money or having a bad experience.

Really didn't want to box it back up and ship it back.

Besides, this has been a really good learning experience. And I really needed to learn this stuff anyway.

The frame is true and strong...so I think it's a good base to work on.
mtbcrazy

Previous

Return to 26er Mountain Bikes