Walmart Mongoose XR-PRO 29

Information and reviews abut 29ers sold by the bigbox stores now
Forum rules
Be polite and courteous! Stay on topic!

Re: Walmart Mongoose XR-PRO 29

Postby Purple Haze » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:53 am

Total cost of 30 lbs XR PRO is 1085 bucks at 350 dollars and less at sale. That includes dual air shocks, 1x11 drivetrain carbon bars, stem seatpost and seat. Plus tires and wheels with novatec771 hubs. That's without the Aliexpress sale and you can knock off 150 bucks for a 1x10. Still cant beat the price. This is just a estimate if you were to buy this right now and sourced it off Aliexpress.
Purple Haze

Postby Purple Haze » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:03 am

Watch the Kev central video bikes r fun. I will guarantee anyone with experience in mountain biking will immediately see the value and then some. Its a good deal at 350 and its a steal at 284.
Purple Haze

Postby calwest » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:34 am

I bought my XR Pro off Craigslist for $200 (actually less, but it needed some immediate repairs). Also from Craigslist, a Fox air fork for $100 and a Fox rear shock for $50 - both with lockout. Other than a longer aluminum seat post, these are the only upgrades installed so far. The bike now weighs 35 lbs. My wallet weighs very slightly less than before.
calwest

Postby Purple Haze » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:06 pm

At the 300 dollar price level this bike is a no brainer for me. At the 500 dollar price level with air shocks this bike this bike is a competent bike that performs with bikes costing far more. After that point its a bike that responds extremely well to modifications. This is not the stuffing a v8 engine into a prius scenario. There are limitations as with every bike, but what a great deal for a competent XC trail bike. To all the skeptics, pay whatever and to whoever you want ,but in the end the guy or girl on a XR PRO is probably capable of doing the same exact thing for cheaper. This industry is so filled with bikes that are total ripoffs it had to be Walmart to make good on a promise of providing a bike that will satisfy a huge swath of the population. The videos and the reviews are so numerous its become irrelevant to believe anything else.
Purple Haze

Previous

Return to 29ers