Christmas for Hubbie?

Built to carry a load!
Forum rules
Be polite. Stay on topic.

Christmas for Hubbie?

Postby sibergirlblue » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:02 pm

I'm thinking of getting Mike either a bike or toolbox for xmas.

I'm trying to decide between the WM Hollandia with 3 speed and rack. The Opa has not been restocked..and I think we need at least three speed for pulling kids. I might eventually install LED light system for him.. I'm actaully certified to do electronic wireing and soldering... :roll: Lovely Bicycle has some photos of installing dynamo systems. Would be easier to sneek home for Xmas as it will be in ML.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hollandia-Amsterdam-28-Men-s-Cruiser-Bike/16539719

The cheeper option would be the Shwinn from Target. This also has a large frame and tires.. but reg gears. Reviews are good. More gears for kid pulling options. The one in store looks different from this..and I think it actaully has fenders. (may be wrong there.. but it was silver in the store. Harder to sneek home..as target is in Kennewik and we are having x-mas in ML. :roll:

http://www.target.com/p/Schwinn-28-Men-s-Trailway-Grey/-/A-13241180

Or.. I just give him a gift card for Lowes so he can buy some big OL' tool boxes. :lol:
sibergirlblue

Re: Christmas for Hubbie?

Postby desertguns » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:47 pm

sibergirlblue wrote:Or.. I just give him a gift card for Lowes so he can buy some big OL' tool boxes. :lol:
Always a safe option :D My mom & my wife used to try to buy shirts for me. Most are still in the closet, never worn, others have been given Goodwill or church drive long ago. I tend to think buying a bike for a guy might be on the same level. And it gets hard for us to muster a convincing, "Thank you dear. It's great!" :)

How about a gift card earmarked for a bike?
desertguns

Re: Christmas for Hubbie?

Postby steady eddie » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:19 am

DW did this very same thing this Christmas..she wanted to buy something for our son, who happens to be an ATV freak. He has a very nice, yellow fender-ed Yamaha 2-stroke 350 cc.,
Banshee Quad. So, natch, I suggested she go out on the 'Net and buy him a yellow, Yamaha-
branded, riding jersey, one with long sleeves.

Pretty easy, but how could she screw that up? She did.

The jersey showed up in the mail and she was very pumped up over it.

Imagine my dismay when it turned out to be a dumb-ass "Oneal" blue jersey. The "poser" brand. Only thing worse would have been a blue "Fox" something or other. At least it DOES have long sleeves.

"It's the thought that counts".. :roll: ..I hope he will wear it.
Steady Eddie

"If you buy a stock bike, do something to it that makes it the only one exactly like it in the world"...Grant Petersen
steady eddie

Return to Cargo Bikes