Best use of bungee cords Award goes to:

Gear, tips, information about bicycle camping.
Forum rules
Be polite and courteous. Stay on topic.

Best use of bungee cords Award goes to:

Postby steady eddie » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:35 am

This cyclist's use of only 3 cords is a classic:

3 bungee tie-down.jpg
3 bungee tie-down.jpg (144.4 KiB) Viewed 1775 times

EZ on..EZ off..and it ain't going no where..all with only 3 bungee cords.

Steady Eddie
Steady Eddie

"If you buy a stock bike, do something to it that makes it the only one exactly like it in the world"...Grant Petersen
steady eddie

Re: Best use of bungee cords Award goes to:

Postby 2wheels » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:22 pm

Works for me. :-) I've already got the bungee chords (dollar store). Now to find a super cheap rear rack and freeish milk crate. :-)
2wheels

Postby steady eddie » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:20 pm

2wheels wrote:Works for me. :-) I've already got the bungee chords (dollar store). Now to find a super cheap rear rack and freeish milk crate. :-)

======
2 wheels--

In the pic, did you notice the double wound bungee cord around the seat-post??
That wrap is what tensions the whole deal and makes it all work. The crates locally are
all stacked up behind every Mini-Mart in town, lots of them. If anyone asks, tell 'em you bought the crate at a garage sale.. :mrgreen:

What I really like is the fact that for utility, it is not permanent and you can easily swing a leg over it.
Steady Eddie

"If you buy a stock bike, do something to it that makes it the only one exactly like it in the world"...Grant Petersen
steady eddie

Postby RickM » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:59 am

Great! Award won!

steady eddie wrote:
2wheels wrote:Works for me. :-) I've already got the bungee chords (dollar store). Now to find a super cheap rear rack and freeish milk crate. :-)

======
2 wheels--

...The crates locally are
all stacked up behind every Mini-Mart in town, lots of them. If anyone asks, tell 'em you bought the crate at a garage sale.. :mrgreen:

That's theft, and makes me feel much better steeling your whole bike with my basket on it (which I might have given you for free if you had asked). If someone asks me, I just bought this bike at a garage sale. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
RickM

Return to Camping and Bikepacking