Budget Fork under $100

Parts and accessories for your bike
Forum rules
Stay on topic. Be courteous.

Re: Budget Fork under $100

Postby dddd » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:32 pm

I am still very suspicious of this vendor.

They have added a highlighted link of "Full Product Description" to their Ebay auction page, and clicking on this link takes the unsuspecting viewer to a well-known vi.vipr... "hacking" type site as described below.

Very bad vibe about this vendor, even if they are perhaps selling products at reduced prices to possibly attract thousands of viewers into clicking on the link.

Consider also that shipping takes "up to 45 days". What are the implications as far as the very limited time window in which a customer may file a complaint and finally ask for a refund from Ebay or Paypal.

The non-US Epixon fork is a commodity that is sold by many fiercely-competing vendors for a shipped price of $180 or so.
What explanation could there possibly be for a vendor to be suddenly shipping these for half of that amount?

https://www.hackread.com/ebay-phishing-scam-hosting/
dddd
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:04 am

Re: Budget Fork under $100

Postby metalman302 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:52 pm

From eBay:
The Money Back Guarantee policy says that buyers have 30 days from the actual or latest estimated delivery date to open a case. If you shipped with tracking that shows delivery, the buyer's deadline is 30 days from the actual delivery date.

The item is shipped and tracking shows it already arrived in the USA.

I wasn't even aware of an external link as it doesn't show on either the ebay app or the mobile web version. Both those take me right to the description same as any other listing.
Budget Bike Riders - Facebook group
metalman302
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:52 pm

Re: Budget Fork under $100

Postby dddd » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:24 pm

metalman302 wrote:From eBay:
The Money Back Guarantee policy says that buyers have 30 days from the actual or latest estimated delivery date to open a case. If you shipped with tracking that shows delivery, the buyer's deadline is 30 days from the actual delivery date.

The item is shipped and tracking shows it already arrived in the USA.

I wasn't even aware of an external link as it doesn't show on either the ebay app or the mobile web version. Both those take me right to the description same as any other listing.


Man, if you get that Epixon fork I hope that they have one left for me.

Does the guarantee come from the vendor or from Ebay? If the vendor flakes then would there be a refund from Ebay?
dddd
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:04 am

Re: Budget Fork under $100

Postby Budreaux » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:22 am

dddd wrote:
metalman302 wrote:From eBay:
The Money Back Guarantee policy says that buyers have 30 days from the actual or latest estimated delivery date to open a case. If you shipped with tracking that shows delivery, the buyer's deadline is 30 days from the actual delivery date.

The item is shipped and tracking shows it already arrived in the USA.

I wasn't even aware of an external link as it doesn't show on either the ebay app or the mobile web version. Both those take me right to the description same as any other listing.


Man, if you get that Epixon fork I hope that they have one left for me.

Does the guarantee come from the vendor or from Ebay? If the vendor flakes then would there be a refund from Ebay?

Paying through Paypal basically eliminates a bad transaction. If the fork isn't as described and the seller doesn't respond, then getting your money back through Paypal is pretty simple. I've been watching this fork ever since he posted it and the 29" is at $90 shipped.. I've messaged the guy asking about the remote lever and if there is a black and red or solid black decal option, but haven't heard anything back...I'm about ready to just go ahead and take a chance on it.
Budreaux
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:56 am

Re: Budget Fork under $100

Postby metalman302 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:43 pm

I had previously asked them about an all black one as well and they said no. It's a minor complaint for the price. You can just peel them off or order new decals in other colors - I found different decals in your choice of color for about $10.
Budget Bike Riders - Facebook group
metalman302
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:52 pm

Re: Budget Fork under $100

Postby Budreaux » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:57 pm

metalman302 wrote:I had previously asked them about an all black one as well and they said no. It's a minor complaint for the price. You can just peel them off or order new decals in other colors - I found different decals in your choice of color for about $10.

Well hell, why didn't I think about that.. good info, thanks.
Budreaux
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:56 am

Re: Budget Fork under $100

Postby dddd » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:14 pm

Well I am really hoping that the fork order comes through.

I once ordered a suspension fork from a domestic seller using Ebay and Paypal, but after the seller made excuses about a death in the family and delayed shipment, I found that Ebay and Paypal claimed it had by this time timed out after a few short weeks and I was out the entire purchase and shipping costs of that used Rockshox fork.

Another fork I ordered (new) came to me with rust inside from condensation and lengthy storage under likely cold conditions.
I requested a refund from the seller who did a partial refund with me keeping the fork to rebuild, a quick and satisfactory mutual agreement.
dddd
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:04 am

Re: Budget Fork under $100

Postby dddd » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:40 am

metalman302 wrote: ...The item is shipped and tracking shows it already arrived in the USA. ...



Has the fork finally arrived?

It's been in the US then for ten days now. I'm really wondering what you found in the package!
dddd
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:04 am

Re: Budget Fork under $100

Postby metalman302 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:35 pm

It's arrived at my local PO a few days ago while I was on vacation with a mail hold. Fist day back today, I went to the PO today and they said it must be out on the truck. Truck came and they didn't have it :x So I guess I'll have to go back Monday again.
Budget Bike Riders - Facebook group
metalman302
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:52 pm

Re: Budget Fork under $100

Postby metalman302 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:36 am

It appears this is some new kind of scam. I went to the post office and what they had sent was a little flat 4 by 4 envelope with a fictitious name and a fictitious address that just happened to be in my same zip code. So basically just stalling time then it will get Return to Sender. The lady I talked to said this is a new thing and they've been seeing it lately. I don't know how this scam is actually effective for them since the time limit to file a claim starts when you receive the item but regardless I'm filing a claim right now.
Budget Bike Riders - Facebook group
metalman302
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:52 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Components

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron