Hijacked threads and bad advice...

Free form discussions... not on topic... we'll try to copy discussions that seem pertinent to appropriate forums.
Forum rules
Topic? We Don' Need No Steengkeeng Topic! Try to be polite though.

Hijacked threads and bad advice...

Postby Tomcat65 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:16 pm

Until administration brings this place back around to a moderated, reasonably regulated forum,
I'm done and out.
I've done my fair share of posting to help others, and I've been in the middle of hijacked threads with a hard headed, know-it-all jackass long enough. The atmosphere has become very uncomfortable and I know I'm not the only one who's noticed.
You guys, I wish you all the best!
Have an Awesome Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Tomcat65

Re: Hijacked threads and bad advice...

Postby orvil » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:10 pm

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Tomcat! I’m with you unfortunately. PM me if you want sometime since we’re both in God’s beautiful South! Maybe one day we can meet near Nashville and hit some trails.
orvil

Postby Purple Haze » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:28 am

The guys supposed help was going on a tirade about anyone purchasing anything from Aliexpress. Tomcat, you cost people money for the sake of preaching that same deceptive MTBR mantra. Everything that was available for cheap that had promise of bettering BBBs or BBBs themselves was chastised if people didn't get it from your approved vendors. You implied so many times that it will cost you more to mod your bike than it was worth because you had to buy it from vendors that had jacked up prices. I will never forget the Chinese carbon beat down you and orvil tried to put on unsuspecting readers by saying its junk or not even close in quality to LBS brand bikes. Calling people names like some adolescent and putting zero information to counter any argument is sick. This forum suited your needs when everyone agreed it was better to get a LBS bike because you were taught that China is bad and low balling it resulted in people having trash that broke. The gimmicks should have been the tip off for you guys in the first place, in fact more than a few of you stated that BBBs were less capable because they were not as raked out. Less capable where? Whistler. This is a scam of the highest order because you and others essentially hijacked the entire bike vs bike thread with everything presented was junk and nobody should trust it because its so cheap and didn't touch some westerners hands before it arrived on your doorstep. The whole forum is filled with these quotes. You and anyone else saying you might as well buy a ten year old hardtail with a name you approve of has no concept of this market whatsoever. Instead of providing alternatives you guys wanted the readers to ride princesss jasmine bikes until they had enough money to get a real mans LBS bike. You gave horrible advice in relation to money and cost people the possibility of having tools that work on every level. Sorry you feel that way but the name calling is beneath human in my perspective.
Purple Haze

Postby Purple Haze » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:45 am

As a footnote to all of this, its not going to stop either whether its a Walmart bike or Aliexpress bike and components. If anyone continues promoting the no alternative scenario other than a LBS in 2018 then you haven't done your homework and its simply not true at all. You most certainly can get quality bikes that are BIG BOX BIKES on the cheap. I called the polygon bike months ago and pinbike has it as bike of the year. These breakthrough bikes we cannot match with BBBs but most everything else is fair game. Hows that for bad advice.
Purple Haze

Postby jimmie65 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:04 am

This is a shame. Tomcat, your posts and bikes were one of the things that brought me to this forum. Now instead of your knowledge and experience, we have a narcissist who doesn't even ride and whose hobby is perusing Chinese commerce sites.
Current bbb bikes - Mongoose Beast, Iron Horse Yakuza 5.1, and an unknown fat BMX.
jimmie65

Postby Purple Haze » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:46 am

Jimmie, its not going to stop like it or not and this will not be MTBR jr. If you think anyone is going to sit back and take half truths as well as name calling, then find another forum. Plenty of other forums will be more than willing to listen to adolescent whining and baiting with no information other than because I say its so. Dosent ride? wrong person your talking to here. I'm not trying to jack anyone for paying more, so ponder that idea for a good while. Try and be a educated consumer Jimmie instead of a name brand aficionado and the world is not so scary.
Purple Haze

Postby Purple Haze » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:55 am

I forgot to say Jimmie that your bike most definitely was made in China and I dont even know you. Hows that for predictions. Quit flag waving and be realistic here please.
Purple Haze

Postby dddd » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:43 pm

Well I'm with Tom on this one, seems every thread on the site now gets fully and repeatedly hijacked by the same asshole who ONLY wants to promote non-BBB mail-order bikes, parts and frames.

It's not whether I agree or not with the site-wrecker, rather it is the case of a site with no enforcement of repeated spamming from the same individual who obfuscates this fact by accusing others falsely of parroting MTBR or by accusing others of saying any number of things that they simply didn't ever say.
So as long as clowns are tolerated, a website must somehow adapt to a new and/or reduced audience.

PH, you won.

Adios.
dddd

Postby Purple Haze » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:48 pm

This is not a debate here , you either behave or leave. I still dont get the junior high school attitude in regards to name calling and typical LBS industry brochure responses. I can pull almost every conversation out of this forum where you and others tried your best to railroad the conversation into making others believe they had only one option and method of purchase. Its disgusting because the evidence is staring everyone in the face. You know your guilty and wrong especially in regards to the forks, which you said were fake and substandard than what was purchased on the American market because Suntour had different dampers. Then you purchased these same forks from Aliexpress and started to lie again by saying it was substandard and non adjustable without even checking your own fork. The lie continued in the( head to head) thread with the carbon road bikes by saying they didn't meet the specs of LBS bikes and were made for poor people by poor people that were not qualified to make such things. Its all here because you actually wrote this stuff. You guys came to this forum from MTBR and promoted that forums philosophy. That forum LIED to you in the first place by saying all non approved BBBs were trash and couldn't be ridden on trails. You guys came to this forum with that same old belief, and you know its true. Tomcat even admitted it. You wouldn't even admit your mistakes and that's disgusting behavior to say the least. There is absolutely no debate when it comes to name calling on this forum and good bye have a nice day.
Purple Haze

Postby Purple Haze » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:23 am

By the way dddd, how are those Suntour forks you purchased from Aliexpress holding up. Quit lying on your next forum please, its really not appreciated.
Purple Haze

Next

Return to ChatRoom