Ordered some late Christmas presents.

Forum rules
Be polite and courteous! Stay on topic.

Re: Ordered some late Christmas presents.

Postby jasnooks » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:56 pm

Got the black bar tape on. This was my first time wrapping bars, so it's a little lumpy and not perfect by my standards, but it's tight, and should stay put well. I double wrapped over the original red tape, so it's also nice and comfortable. Ended up not using the red Sram end plugs because I like the rounded chrome ones better. I'm pretty happy with the look after getting rid of all the red accents.

Also put the new sunlite wheel reflectors on. Nice tight fit, so they should stay put.

And lastly installed the Kool Stop brake pads front and rear. Used the salmon refills rather than the salmon/black dual compound ones. It's pretty icy outside right now, so I haven't tested them yet. Not quite ready to lay the bike down and ruin the bar tape yet, lol. I had Kool stop Continentals on the front before, so I'm sure these will work well.

Tomorrow I'll be servicing the bottom bracket and testing out the new tools.

Had a few beers, so I'm also including a bonus pic of my dogs nose, just because..ImageImageImageImage
jasnooks

Postby Tomcat65 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:30 pm

Black and white makes a clean looking bike. Double wrapped bar tape makes it plum comfy :)
Looks good Jason!
Tomcat65

Postby jasnooks » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:32 pm

Tomcat65 wrote:Black and white makes a clean looking bike. Double wrapped bar tape makes it plum comfy :)
Looks good Jason!
Thank you, sir
jasnooks

Postby jimmie65 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:38 am

That is a sharp looking bike.
Current bbb bikes - Mongoose Beast, Iron Horse Yakuza 5.1. Other bikes - Marin Fairfax, Specialized Sequoia, and Torker Tristar. Other "other" bikes - Cyco-cycle, Razor DXT drifter. Current project - 1995 Specialized Hard Rock to gravel grinder.
jimmie65

Postby jasnooks » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:09 am

jimmie65 wrote:That is a sharp looking bike.
Thanks.
The more I look at it, the more I wish I would have gotten black and white bar tape or plain white, just to add a little contrasting color. Oh well, maybe next time. I still like the black better than the red, and the Sram super cork is super comfy.
jasnooks

Postby jasnooks » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:22 am

The lack of a barrel adjuster on the Denali's front derailleur is a pita, so last night I ordered a set of jagwire barrel adjusters that should fit in the shifter housing.
Also ordered a park tool cable cutter and some ferrules to shorten/tidy up the shifter cables up front. It'll be nice to have proper cable cutters rather than using a cutoff wheel on my bench grinder.

Also ordered a Topeak Explorer rear rack, and a bracket for the back of the rack that accepts clip on tail lights.
jasnooks

Postby bikesRfun » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:51 pm

I think the black bars / tape is the best choice. White or black + white would not look as good imo.

Is that a Rusty nose?
bikesRfun

Postby jasnooks » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:29 am

bikesRfun wrote:I think the black bars / tape is the best choice. White or black + white would not look as good imo.

Is that a Rusty nose?
Easier to keep clean at least.

Yep, Rusty's nose.
jasnooks

Postby bikesRfun » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:30 am

How about some pics of Rusty playing in the snow. ?
bikesRfun

Postby lurker » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:04 pm

that's a good looking dog n... bike.
lurker

Previous

Return to General Discussions