Aliexpress big sale

Forum rules
Be polite and courteous! Stay on topic.

Re: Aliexpress big sale

Postby Purple Haze » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:37 am

Everyone else received their packages and show the item so that people know what your talking about in the first place.
Purple Haze

Postby Purple Haze » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:05 am

Sorry metalman because I saw you ordered the epixons.
Purple Haze

Postby metalman302 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:00 pm

I ordered the Epixon from AliExpress on the sale day that the thread is about.

Something off about this third party tracking site. Now it's showing less details than before. And I asked the seller why it says delivered on 12/1 if he doesn't have the package and they gave me a smartass reply and didn't even answer the question.
Budget Bike Riders - Facebook group
metalman302

Postby Purple Haze » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:39 am

Whole thing sounds weird because you should have been notified upon arrival by you local carrier. Their the ones that the tracking number would have transferred to unless you were notified and didn't pick the package up. The denial of entry at the docks is super suspicious and the tracking number would have been transferred right then.
Purple Haze

Postby Budreaux » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:59 am

metalman302 wrote:I ordered the Epixon from AliExpress on the sale day that the thread is about.

Something off about this third party tracking site. Now it's showing less details than before. And I asked the seller why it says delivered on 12/1 if he doesn't have the package and they gave me a smartass reply and didn't even answer the question.

It's important to look at the seller's ratings before you select whom you're gonna buy from. It's a lot like eBay in that manner. At any rate, you can open up a dispute and Aliexpress will get involved. They dealt with mine quickly. I received my items and got an email within hours of it being delivered. I explained that the items were received, but that one of the items had some tooling marks on them that I wasn't happy about. I was asked how I would like to resolve it and I asked for a specific amount of refund and they quickly did just that and I my card was credited back that amount. I was actually rather impressed with it, though I can see how some people could abuse the system.
Budreaux

Postby metalman302 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:34 am

Purple Haze wrote:Whole thing sounds weird because you should have been notified upon arrival by you local carrier. Their the ones that the tracking number would have transferred to unless you were notified and didn't pick the package up. The denial of entry at the docks is super suspicious and the tracking number would have been transferred right then.

I think you're misunderstanding. It never made it to my local carrier because it never made it through their customs. It was returned to them and the tracking shows delivered but it doesn't say if it was delivered to the business or their closest local po or what.

They're 99% positive feedback of 3,295 feedbacks. That's reassuring.
metalman302

Postby Tomcat65 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:29 pm

Just saying, As far as AliExpress ratings and reviews go.. They control what goes on those pages. I have seen very few poor reviews on there. Though I've posted one poor review myself, it is no longer visible. This leads me to believe that the ratings and reviews are manipulated to some extent.

For the record, have you guys noticed the same about Harbor Freight? They have everything rated 3.5 to 5 stars in the sales flyers, but online, in forums and Youtube reviews, the reviewers there rate a lot of those things closer to 2- 3 out of 5 stars.. KevCentral is a perfect example with his tailgating generator reviews. Also, WalMart and Amazon reviews are contaminated with complaints of flat tires and uncomfortable seats. These at best, are eye roll complaints to us, but for single mothers who would buy bikes for kids at Christmas, these eye roll reviews are taken seriously.

Point being, public reviews should be taken with a grain of salt. I am a professional skeptic, but just because I research deep before I trust a common review, does not mean all who shop will have the time or the resources to do so. The more I see reviews by knowledgeable people, the more I trust what I see and read.
Tomcat65

Postby metalman302 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:00 pm

You're referring to a product review and not a seller rating though, correct? I was under the impression that AliExpress works just eBay (without auctions).

I know some vendors censor bad reviews of product they sell, or they make false positive reviews. The only one that I know they censored mine was on Wayfair. That earned them a spot in my boycott list. So to make up for it I went and submitted the same review on Amazon even though I didn't buy it there. I don't have the "verified purchase" next to the review, but it is up and the low rating score I gave it has a big effect on the total since there's only a few ratings.

Oh also I made a bad review on Google for an auto related shop that ripped me off. It was the first review despite them being in business for years. The next day after my bad review then there's magically a new 5 star review saying they're saints.
metalman302

Postby Purple Haze » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:37 pm

No way tomcat. Bad ratings are always posted if you just look at the item across the board. This is the entire world your dealing with unlike Amazon or ebay. The reviews are real and its up to the consumer to report bad items. The clothing reviews and the sellers ratings go up and down on the page monthly because of this. Aliexpress is so big that they dont have time to deal with people ruining their reputation and they aggressively downgrade the rating for bad products and sellers. In essence they want a customer hooked on buying again and again at absurd prices. Guaranteed something probably went wrong in logistics because the seller was overwhelmed from the sale but I'm positive they will make good on metalmans purchase. It went down as the largest one day sale in history for online shopping period. Those American flags are popping up more often on the bike sales also and everyone has praise for the good items and complaints about bad ones. The items on ebay are actually sourced through aliexpress and have been for quite some time. Its so popular that the day after the sale the carbon frame prices rose substantially above the levels they were before the sale.
Purple Haze

Postby Tomcat65 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:13 pm

"Purple Haze use can cause learning problems, notes MedlinePlus. Marijuana use impacts the brain and can cause problems retaining information. It also damages the ability to focus on academic issues. The National Institute on Drug Abuse reports that marijuana's negative effect on learning can last for days or weeks."

I swear, I think you're just burnt.
Tomcat65

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions