Youtube video review.Fact or Fiction, Good or Bad

Forum rules
Be polite and courteous! Stay on topic.

Re: Youtube video review.Fact or Fiction, Good or Bad

Postby Purple Haze » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:51 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrXNY0KVwco Ok, this video features a apparent pro that engages in the same behavior but ends up promoting the durability of the bike. Whoever said that there wasn't any propaganda in this industry then this guy proves my theory in full. Notice that he is actually able to do what the bike was intended for. Do I see a mongoose sticker on that bike.
Purple Haze

Postby orvil » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:53 pm

In spite of what you believe, Seth has actually (sort of) extolled the virtues of a cheap BBB bike. He's actually ridden one to extremes to prove what the bike IS NOT designed or built to do but proven that normal trail riding is just fine on these bikes and actually says so. In one of his videos he teaches his sister to ride trails and she actually likes and intends to keep the Walmart-purchased Mongoose she's riding. As far as the "drowning" of the bike, he's actually amazed at the abuse the bike seems to withstand, plus the fact that it actually floats. Now I agree, some people are intent on destroying the bikes, but the fact that you can return the bike and get a full refund with almost no questions asked is one of the reasons these bikes are so popular with inexperienced riders that aren't sure they'll stick with the sport. Which is also, to respond to one of your other threads, the main reason direct sales of Chinese bikes on websites foreign to US buyers will never replace brick and mortar Big Box retailers here. The best options for inexpensive bikes and accessories in Europe may be websites such as Alibaba and Aliexpress but Big Box retailers like Walmart and Target will always be on top here.
orvil

Postby Purple Haze » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:47 pm

Will full intent and destruction of property are both offenses that I was hoping someone would see as wrong and seedy. The Seth videos are demonstrative of abuse and I think any seller would have a right to deny any claim period. I do not believe in will full property destruction on any level and I do not believe that most LBS stores would honor anyone that took a more expensive bike in the ocean to destroy it and come back the same day. I think your missing my point that none of this behavior is normal wear and tear. I personally can destroy any bike given the right conditions to do so. Bail on any downhill course at speed and send any bike in a trees direction and tell me what happens to it. Does anyone see my point.
Purple Haze

Postby bikesRfun » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:18 am

I just watched the video. I thought I saw it ring up at $125 not $99 . Maybe there was a discount.
This video shows that a walmart bike can do advanced tricks. It also shows the guy not telling the truth about why he's returning it. So the bike ends up looking more solid than the guy. (Although the guy does have skills)
bikesRfun

Postby Purple Haze » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:52 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px-kONRNndU Let the hate begin folks. People Start suggesting junk LBS bikes immediately and have no idea what they are witnessing. This is the review we have waited for and watch the views go up exponentially. This bike still amazes me how good of a value it is in 2017. This bike was way ahead of its time and still is relevant. Look at that frame. This bike brings the most jealousy from LBS fans I have ever witnessed. ENJOY
Purple Haze

Postby metalman302 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:17 am

I don't think he went in the right direction with the XR-Pro video. Right off the bat he basically billed it as "build a bike." When instead he should have compared it to other comparative entry level bike like maybe the diamondback recoil; and said it's a better buy out of the box with equal potential for future upgrades. PH you have the same problem lots of car enthusiasts have - you think everyone else is as willing or capable to build up a project as you. The reality is the masses want something they can have fun with stock out of the box; or if doing upgrades they pay a mechanic at which point the build isn't cost effective any more. People who turn their own wrenches are a very small minority of the hobby as a whole.
Budget Bike Riders - Facebook group
metalman302

Postby Purple Haze » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:58 am

Sorry metal man, but that's not true when it comes to bikes. I don't care what bike you have they still require care and your gonna be a expert mechanic if you want to ride these things for any length of time. Changing wheels, forks and making adjustments will be like breathing. If you don't get those skills then biking is going to be something you do very infrequently period. The reviewer himself has problems with recognizing that there is absolutely nothing for that price and it makes him angry. I highly suggest this bike to anyone that wants a high quality FS 29er. ITS SIMPLY THAT GOOD.
Purple Haze

Postby metalman302 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:21 am

If that were true then LBS wouldn't have a grip of customers bikes in their shop at any given time. How many people even changer their own oil on their car nowadays let alone something like an alternator that sits right on top of a big V8. Hardly anyone. Have you seen the typical clientele of Walmart? Not the sharpest tools in the shed. If they had knowledge and ability to work on bikes then they wouldn't be returning the whole bike back to Walmart for a refund for things as rudimentary as brake adjustment or loose handlebars (which happen very often). Also you're agreeing with me - you're saying it's a good bike and I agree. But Kev doesn't say it's a good bike out if the box.... He immediately points out that people dump a bunch of money into this bike, then he closes the video saying "I don't know if I'd buy this bike if I wasn't planning on upgrading it." Basically this video give the impression it's a piece of shit unless you put a bunch of money into it. Maybe he'll close out the next video on a more favorable tone.
Budget Bike Riders - Facebook group
metalman302

Postby Purple Haze » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:43 am

This bike makes people angry because its so good for such a small price. This bike fully modded is a monster of a bike and very few LBS XC bikes can approach this one bike for cost and ride quality. Keep watching the comments below because people get seriously mad at this one bike and they have for years because its that good. My prediction is he will give it a negative review because that's what he was taught to do and then he will keep the bike and mod the heck out of it. :lol: Remember that he was already angry at the bike out of the box.
Purple Haze

Postby Purple Haze » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:12 am

Kev central is going to start breaking a whole lot of servers with the views, there are a whole lot of people looking at this video already. We called it here on this forum first.
Purple Haze

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions