Youtube video review.Fact or Fiction, Good or Bad

Forum rules
Be polite and courteous! Stay on topic.

Youtube video review.Fact or Fiction, Good or Bad

Postby Purple Haze » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:02 am

I have decided to make this thread for anyone that sees a video that might add to the conversation or review a bike that might have interest to someone.Please give honest opinions and be civil but post videos related to biking only.I will start with a video that I am calling out for fiction because of the obvious negative tone of the presenter.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A6bKUCcDW0
Purple Haze

Re: Youtube video review.Fact or Fiction, Good or Bad

Postby bikesRfun » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:48 am

The tone of the review may be a little condescending, but the ride looks realistic and he's just stating his opinion.
bikesRfun

Postby Purple Haze » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:51 am

Fixed,he is trying purposely to destroy the bike and the end comments are very common pro LBS talk.If you notice he is actually looking for large stones to hit.My opinion only but keep this thread going and thanks for the input.
Purple Haze

Postby KyRider » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:21 am

I didn't like the video at all, I hate people like him on the trails who wanna stick their nose up at cheaper bikes, some of us can't afford 4grand on a bike but still wanna have fun, me and my crew that rides laugh at people like them cause we have more fun on our super cheap bikes and when they break they are cheap to fix or just send them to the yard sale. Either way it's about the fun for me
KyRider

Postby KyRider » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:26 am

I've rode for yrs and just now got a halfway decent bike and was passing guys and having way more fun than guys on giants and other big names, still can't wait to do upgrades to mine to rub it in on how cheap a good bike can be
KyRider

Postby Tomcat65 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:55 am

Seth came and looked around a couple of years ago when he did the 27.5 Mongoose Ledge videos. It took him 3 videos, but he destroyed that bike too. He took a Mongoose Dolomite into a saltwater ocean port to try to ride the wake of a cruise ship as it departed. His videos are to the extreme in damages, and I've never seen him abuse a big brand bike the same way he tears into the Walmart bikes.

There's a whole category for video. It's down the page on the board index. Lots of video there of BBB's in all kinds of riding conditions.
Tomcat65

Postby Purple Haze » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:00 am

Ive seen the category but this one tomcat is more about picking the video apart and the producers.I want everyone here to have civil discussions about what they see and whether its actually real or more likely some concocted clickbait like seth has been doing.Watch the amount of views this dude is pulling in on trying his darndest to discredit Walmart bikes.If you try to call this guy out for doing so he will delete your post.Him and his buddies almost had one guy killed while seth was filming and they were laughing about it afterwards.Plus there was no update on his supposed friend that for all we know died later at the hospital.This dude is sick beyond belief.He comes off telling how every one should enjoy biking and then produces these videos.His other buddy is saying that he is going around the world to find the best trails and then comes to Europe to ride the worst.There is something terribly wrong with these guys logic.The kevcentral video is pretty good you posted and I want to say it seems on the level.
Purple Haze

Postby metalman302 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:01 pm

I've been looking at a few videos similar to this and the thing is..... they pick the worst of the BBBs. Hell, this one you see a Boundary on the rack right next to him as he's pulling the Genesis off the rack. That tells me right there that they're biased. Where was all the reviews with trail riding footage for the Deception, Stat, XR-Pro, Ascension, TR745? I think the people with professional youtube channels just pick the worst bikes as click bait. Those models must generate more interest, maybe because the sheer number of units out there, maybe because people will click hoping they'll see a failure and a spectacular trail crash.

I did watch Seth's Ledge video the other day and the overall impression I got was he was unbiased and called it what it is.
Budget Bike Riders - Facebook group
metalman302

Postby dumbname » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:02 pm

Here's my find of worst "review" of a walmart bike
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4Nj7OO1vGc
He starts complaining about the bike missing the left crank arm around the 1 minute mark and blames walmart and mongoose for bad assembly. Only problem is the bike came with a 1 piece crank.
dumbname

Postby Purple Haze » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:16 pm

That is hilarious and the most ridiculous arguments I have ever seen.Great find of a video dumbname and I couldn't stop laughing at this guy with one crankarm pedaling.
Purple Haze

Next

Return to General Discussions