Bike vs Bike or head to head

Forum rules
Be polite and courteous! Stay on topic.

Re: Bike vs Bike or head to head

Postby orvil » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:14 am

Purple Haze wrote:Just came back from my Sunday walk and Chinese matte black carbon bikes were everywhere. These people are definitely into these bikes and it continues to grow.

Yay for them. Why don’t you put your money where your mouth is, buy one and join them. THEN you can give us a full report on how great your “real deal” bike is.
orvil

Postby Purple Haze » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:12 am

There is no burying the issue of Aliexpress if that's what your referring to orvil. This is strictly from observation and its growing exponentially. That Nov 11 sale broke every one day sale in the entire world and you guys are looking like your talking about another planet. Bikes are just one aspect of all of this because even the cell phone market is talking about cheap Chinese goods that actually provide exceptional value. The sales of all of this stuff is growing from market share so fast its ridiculous. Funny thing is everyone else is raving about these goods and you seem to pretend I am lying. There is no return to MTBR days of BBB bashing because I think this game is pretty much over. Oh yes you actually can purchase top notch bikes and components on the cheap and its not the used market. I still cant believe that you guys cannot see it just from the website alone. Its just too rare that any LBS company offers any reasonable deal for their products. In fact LBS companies dont really have any deals compared to Aliexpress. Those I MUST ICAN frames are their most expensive frames and bikes on Aliexpress and even those are a good deal for carbon top of the line bikes. This situation is in hyperdrive and you guys are still saying people are getting ripped off. Its weird to say the least that your not seeing it.
Purple Haze

Postby Purple Haze » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:38 pm

Decrease the air pressure to 80psi turn the lockout off and pump the shock up and down. Then turn the lockout on. If its on then fill the shock back up to 100 psi. If its not then remove the cap of the lockout remembering approximately where the position was and place it back on further to the open position by a few degrees and repeat until you turn the knob and full lockout is achieved. If that dosent work post pictures and I will see whats going on.
Purple Haze

Postby orvil » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:37 pm

I think you replied to the wrong thread here PH. Or maybe you’re just throwing out random pieces of your infinite bike wisdom knowing someone in need will latch on.
orvil

Postby Purple Haze » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:20 am

That Lutu wang frame is absolutely real for the gravity enthusiast. Nothing in the entire industry like it in 17 and 19 inch frames. Got a email back from the seller saying its exactly as advertised.
Purple Haze

Postby bikesRfun » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:14 am

Has anyone heard of Wiawis bikes / frames?
My friend's son will be sponsored by them for BMX racing in 2018. I believe they're a Korean brand. .
bikesRfun

Postby Purple Haze » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:33 pm

Korean company with bikes from China. Sabine Spitz rides for them and she is well known over here.
Purple Haze

Postby Purple Haze » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:52 am

Major price increases on just about everything related to carbon on Aliexpress. Looks like the party is over folks.
Purple Haze

Postby bikesRfun » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:17 am

Well next month we find out how well their frames hold up under some of the fastest bmx racers in the nation.
Haro bikes had a dominant BMX race team for the last several years under the leadership of Donovan Long. They had been supplying bikes and money to him. For 2018 Haro thought they would save money and just supply bikes. Wrong!! In a major coup, WIAWIS made a deal with Donovan and most of the racers stayed with coach and team leader Donovan.
If HARO bikes even realizes what just happened they will be scrambling to throw something together.
Attachments
wiawis-lsg-factory-team.jpeg
wiawis-lsg-factory-team.jpeg (129.84 KiB) Viewed 49 times
bikesRfun

Previous

Return to General Discussions