Frame Dimensions

Forum rules
Be polite and courteous! Stay on topic.

Re: Frame Dimensions

Postby Bruce » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:36 pm

Thanks for your insights. It sounds like it would fit me fine. I read through that 30 page thread again and it sounds like its a great bike to start with. SInce we're so close to the Holiday sales, I think I'll sit back and see if WalMart runs a special.
Bruce
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:25 pm

Re: Frame Dimensions

Postby dddd » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:50 am

Bruce wrote:Thanks for your insights. It sounds like it would fit me fine. I read through that 30 page thread again and it sounds like its a great bike to start with. Since we're so close to the Holiday sales, I think I'll sit back and see if WalMart runs a special.


I see that the TR-745 is marked down to 249 right now, that's a good price even if it was sold at 179 about 15 months ago when I bought mine.

The Huffy Mayhem is an aluminum, full-suspension, rim-braked 27.5-PLUS bike for only 129 right now, but has very long chainstay length so will not always find traction when climbing and will be very hard to loft the front tire over any obstacles unless you are highly skilled and fit.

XR-Pro is now 349, needs less work to be high-performing, but chainstay length is still on the long side unfortunately.

This time of year is the absolute peak of mark-downs of aging inventory, the Mongoose Salvo Expert bikes were going for an unbelievable $550 until today on Amazon. The retailers know that people will be busting open their Holiday fund kitties in just a few more weeks.
dddd
 
Posts: 469
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:04 am

Re: Frame Dimensions

Postby Bruce » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:03 pm

dddd wrote:
The Huffy Mayhem is an aluminum, full-suspension, rim-braked 27.5-PLUS bike for only 129 right now, but has very long chainstay length so will not always find traction when climbing and will be very hard to loft the front tire over any obstacles unless you are highly skilled and fit.



I looked at the Mayhem again yesterday at another Walmart. It was in the chest-level bike rack. Lifting it up and putting it back in the rack convinced me that I want no part of that heavy bike. :lol:
Bruce
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:25 pm

Re: Frame Dimensions

Postby Purple Haze » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:19 am

What do you think your going to get with fat tires and a 129 dollar price tag :lol:
Purple Haze
 
Posts: 1174
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:46 pm

Re: Frame Dimensions

Postby Bruce » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:10 pm

Purple Haze wrote:What do you think your going to get with fat tires and a 129 dollar price tag :lol:


Yes, I think my expectations are too high.

BTW, I stopped at Target today to look at a Schwinn Ascension but they didn't have one even though their website said they did. And they won't ship.
Bruce
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:25 pm

Previous

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest