Youtube video review.Fact or Fiction, Good or Bad

Forum rules
Be polite and courteous! Stay on topic.

Re: Youtube video review.Fact or Fiction, Good or Bad

Postby Purple Haze » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:25 pm

I agree with a Big Box Bike channel featuring European and American bikes both stock and modded.I will take care of the most scenic rides from spain to Russia on my side of the pond as well as a featurette with European cuisine and nightlife :lol: Then I will secure interviews with professional cyclist pictured with Walmart and Aliexpress bikes in the background of the interview.I will switch stickers on the Chinese dual chamber forks to represent the latest brand and have the pros test the modded bikes and then reveal the unknown Chinese brand to the tester in the end to their amazement.In the video we will have LBS bikes purposely fail or ridden in the ocean at high tide and then say that we cannot recommend a bike like this.We can even feature the new Trek Madone with one crank arm struggling to get up the alps while the tester is getting passed by a Genesis road bike.The views would be in the millions with voice translation and different regions of the globe participating.The hateful comments we just press the delete button.Thats what everyone else does. :lol:
Purple Haze

Postby dddd » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:04 pm

From what I have seen in the past, the Schwinn brand bikes seem to have better parts and assembly standards of all bbb's.

Knowing that WalMart pushes their suppliers for ever-lower prices, the different brands may all end up roughly equal at each price point, but that depends on whether Schwinn is willing to allow their image to fade.
I did notice that recent Schwinns for the first time are utilizing disc brakes mounted on forks with sheet-steel lowers, which itself seems like a lowering of standards since disc brakes try to twist the fork and skew the steering to the left..
dddd

Postby Purple Haze » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:05 am

Vilano is the new old Schwinn and at the moment has the best quality for any BBB.Their road bikes are the best deals I have seen as well as the blackjack mountainbike.Its all about the frame and weight as well as quality build.Take a closer look at what they are giving people for road bike frames to get a better understanding.
Purple Haze

Postby metalman302 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:57 am

Has anyone got a real life weight on the blackjack? That vs the Boundary... They both have no name forks. Spec wise all I'm seeing is $100 more for a name brand front deraileur on the blackjack. It would be a great bike to review regardless.
metalman302

Postby Purple Haze » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:48 am

The review on the Blackjack is posted and the boundary has a nice frame but I guarantee its heavier than the vilano.Schwinn is freewheel hub and vilano cassette.I still believe the vilano is a sub 26 or 25 pound build easily and that's high dollar LBS XC bike weight.Budreaux already said the bike was very light stock and that's a big sign for a lightweight build.The vilano is just a higher quality bike stock if you want it for XC but the boundary has a nice frame but looks heavier and probably is.This isn't wishful thinking on my part and just check the reviews on the web to better understand.The extra 80 bucks is worth it for the frame alone but both bikes have nice finished frames.
Purple Haze

Postby Purple Haze » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:46 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C12X6_IsnPw Here is what most of the better BBBs will be able to do.This guy actually races bikes but here is my answer for how hard can you push modded BBB.
Purple Haze

Postby bikesRfun » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:00 am

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kO9-o7pcHBg

Component review of Schwinn Boundary.
bikesRfun

Postby Purple Haze » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:37 am

Not even quick release or dropouts.
Purple Haze

Postby bikesRfun » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:54 am

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qty-oVzeEs8

Component review of Iron Horse Warrior 3.1
bikesRfun

Postby Purple Haze » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:04 am

Yeah,Kevcentral is doing a pretty good job but he forgot to say that alls the bike needed was a rubber sleeve for the front derailleur.I still say that this is the 26er to build and its looks like one of the last BBB 26ers to come out recently with a quality frame.
Purple Haze

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions